Reloading press

Sounds like a lot of us have multiple presses. That is my case also. I started with a rockchucker and eventually grew weary changing dies so often so the second press was a Redding Boss. The primer catching feature on the Redding T7 couple yrs ago sold me as the Boss sucks and the rockchucker misses alot. When reloading big runs my son and I each jump on a press. If I could only have one today it would be the T7.

As a teenager, I started with a Lee Loader for my first rifle in '06 Spr. As now, I've got 3 presses: a Lyman Orange Crusher, a Bonanza Co-Ax (about 1977, before sale to Forster), and a Redding Ultra-Mag. The Orange Crusher and Bonanza Co-Ax ( red color not brown), were bought together , used. I got a deal on them in 1993.

The Co-Ax became my go to press.

What I like about the Co-Ax is the ease of die adjustment. And when the die is popped out, the setting is undisturbed by unthreading. With the Orange Crusher and Ultra-Mag, I always seem to have trouble getting the lock rings tight enough to withstand the removal by unthreading procedure. Yeah, I index mark the lock ring and die body, I use proper lock ring pliers and switch all lock rings to the Sinclair Cross Bolt style lock ring.

I was able to update the Co-Ax 'bout 7-8 years back with the high clearance yoke, and both the improved: primer seater, and shell-holder jaw housing.

Given the current prices of new and used Co-Ax, I'm glad I don't have to buy one now.

Sorry to hijack, but can you elaborate on how well the ease of use is please?
I am looking for one, but none are here in Australia as yet.
I am think of getting one if the handle throw is about the same as a RC Supreme.

Cheers.
Not sure about the throw compared to a rc supreme. This is my first rcbs press

I bought my first press in 1966, A RCBS Jr. It served me well for years. Loaded many shells with it. 222 Rem. ,243 Win. 270 Win. 7mm RM, 357 Mag. and 38 Sp. A divorce and being transferred with my job I no longer have my heavy Angle iron frame 2" top wood table to mount a press on. About 1987 or 88 I bought a RCBS Rock Chucker. Mounted both presses on 2X6X16 bases. Just C clamp them to any table, Or on a grinder stand I have and go on loading.
I use the Rock Chucker just for N and FL sizing. It has all the power I need without having a big solid mount, But the power is to much for me for priming and bullet seating, I like to feel bullets and primers going in and seating.
The RCBS Jr. has a full primer setup and I have a Lee Hand Primer to cover primer seating.

I just put the sizing die in the Rock Chucker and the seating die in the Junior. Makes for a good set up to load all the ammo I need.

This is my opinion based on economic common sense
If you KNOW you won't be reloading for competition rifle shooting or won't for the long term foreseeable future the smart money says buy the RCBS Rockchucker.
I reload very accurate ammo on my Rockchucker/S for 300wsm, 338wm 7mmstw 35Rem 300wm and 6.5x55 Swedish
By very accurate I mean .5moa or better to 200 yards MOA to 500 yards IMO for 100% factory rifles that's pretty dern good accuracy.
I own three, one Bought in a used LNIB reloading set 35+ years ago that got me started reloading, one I bought from a coworker 20+ years ago for penny's on the dollar and the last one my wife of all persons bought at our annual Garage Mahaul about 10 years ago.
I use all three constantly and Absolutely love all three. One is for sizing, one is for depriming and case trimming one is for bullet seating. I also own three Lee 4 hole Classic Turret presses for my 9mm, 38/357 and 45acp. Love those as well.
Get the Rockchucker Supreme you will not be at all sorry. For the money it can not be beat.

Foster, Area or T7 are at the top of mine. RCBS, Lee, Hornady etc are great and produce excellent reloads. But the first three is. Where I ended up and stayed. BTW I started out years ago with a Lee

Rock Chucker, 10 plus years, 1000's of rounds. Kind of like the old Timex commcercial...just keeps on ticking.

Put 3 pictures of each brand model on the wall, in random arrangement.
Take 10 darts
Put on a blindfold
Throw the darts at the wall from 20 paces.
Whichever brand/model gets the most darts is the best one.
If no model gets more than one dart, whichever brand gets the most is the best.
If you can't hit the wall with darts, while blindfolded, you suck.

Presses I have had, and any will do:
Lee Challenger
Lee Classic Cast
Lee Loadmaster
RCBS Jr (2)
RCBS RC II
Forster CoAx
Hornady LnL AP
Dillon XL650

Presses I still use:
Lee Classic Cast
Forster CoAx
Dillon XL650

I load for 16 Rifle & 8 pistol cartridges. The above three work well for all of them.

I have used an RCBS press for over 30 years, great piece of kit.I also bought a new RCBS summit press that is a really solidly built press, the only niggle is it comes with a long handle, the short handles comes at extra cost and guess what the short one is the one I use most.That's life!
That got me too......you would think they would sell with both handles or just the short and make the long handle optional. That is life I suppose, I do like the press other than the handle change and would recommend it :)