Reloading Injuries

These photos of a shotgun accident were posted on Accurate shooter. Looks real serious although I believe the person involved said he was on the mend.

View attachment 548582View attachment 548583
Twenty gauge shell in the tube? That looks bad, and I'm a retired paramedic chief, so I would know. That's the most damage I've seen to a hand that was still attached.

I caught a piece of frag when an idiot (live fire cqb) over penetrated his area (and turned the wrong way). His round hit the handguard on my rifle and my thumb caught a piece of it
20180615_190227.jpg

That's not an injury.... anything that requires a band aid... doesn't count!!! Finger re-attachment...injury!
I can relate to that one. Pinky finger on my right hand got broke off in an accident. It was reattached, but the knuckles were not salvageable. The bone was pieced back together with steel pins to hold them in place. It might look like a curly fry, but it is perfect for checking differential fluid level.

Never any injuries….but maybe "soiled" 💩 my shorts a time or two.

When I first started reloading @ about 14 or 15 with my Lee Loader for my .308 Win…..I "torched-off" 🙀 a few primers when seating them. No damaged done, except for "blackened" finger tips…..and the aforementioned soiled "panties"! 🫢 memtb

Recent Posts