Reloading

It was just a pun, over bored cartridges are known to be throat burners. But 5000 FPS is insane. When the 220 Swift came out bullets were not up to snuff and some came to pieces before impact with the target.
This is simply 70 year old BS.
There are virtually zero cartridges today that do not have a slow enough powder available to increase velocity.
Throat elongation is a process of heat/pressure/time, if you shoot ANY barrel until it gets hot long enough, it will erode faster no matter the bore ratio.

Cheers.

I have just re-barreled my 22-250 to a 22-250 AI
This barrel has a 1 in 8 twist.
Can anyone help with reloading ??
Want to shot 60 gr bullets and heavier
Did you settle on a load yet? I shoot a 22-250 AI with an 8 twist as well. I'm still shooting my fire forming loads but they are dead accurate. I'm shooting 75 grain Swift siroccos over H4350. PM me if you want a more detailed recipe.

Did you settle on a load yet? I shoot a 22-250 AI with an 8 twist as well. I'm still shooting my fire forming loads but they are dead accurate. I'm shooting 75 grain Swift siroccos over H4350. PM me if you want a more detailed recipe.
Are swifts long for weight of grain? Compressed loads?

Are swifts long for weight of grain? Compressed loads?
Mcranch,
If you'd like to read some very interesting material and facts on the .220 Swift... pick up PO Ackley's book(s) volume one and two, great information on the .220 Swift and its capabilities.