Reloading gloves?!

No. Wash hands often.

I do Not wear gloves when reloading. I can't sit down when reloading either, I stand.

I Do wash my hands frequently with D-Lead liquid soap. It's in the washrooms at the local indoor range also. Good stuff! They even have a laundry detergent which I have used.

Amazon product ASIN B07JQ3XJJD
This is also available at Walmart and several other suppliers if you want walk-in purchasing.

Enjoy!

:)

I use the exact same Harbor Freight gloves that Len uses...

Saves a lot of wear and tear on my hands when I am sitting in front of the TV and reaming primer pockets, flash holes and champhering rifle brass. They have a rubberized gripping surface that makes the cases easy to grip (I cut the finger and thumb tips off to give me better digit dexterity). I use the normal hand held case prep tools but chuck them in a cheap plastic variable speed drill (also from Harbor Freight). I can do hundreds of pieces while I sit and watch FOX NEWs... 😉

Works for me....

Please do not use handloads for personal protection ,
its not an advisable thing to do . The courts will pick you apart over it .
use factory ammo that has personal protection printed on the box.
good for your defense in court and also that ammo is loaded with gun powder that doesnt produce muzzle flash that will blind you in a dark encounter .
research it please.
Massad Ayoob is probably the most well know defense trainer and has unparalleled experience in the self defense arena.
Hello 2003

I thought only handloaders in California used gloves....because...ummm...you know, that's the only state that gunpowder causes cancer.
1685972604210.gif

I should have also mentioned that I do this over a plastic dish washing tub that sits in my lap (collects all of the brass shavings). I only use the glove on the hand that is handling the brass (right hand). I don't waste the other glove, because my son is left handed 👍.

tools 2.jpg
tools 3.jpg
tools.jpg

Can you provide a court case where someone was convicted just for using handloads for self defense?
It was an important point in NJ v Bias. He was convicted of manslaughter for shooting his wife. Forensics claimed the blood splatter indicated she was shot from across the room. He claimed she shot herself while he was trying to get the gun away from her, and the relatively light handloads he carried made it look like she'd been shot from across the room with a higher power load. Supposedly the forensics team did their tests with a higher power load than what he carried. There's a lot of "he said/she said" and other unknowns in the case, but had he been carrying factory ammo one big variable could have been removed from the investigation.

Can you provide a court case where someone was convicted just for using handloads for self defense?
This subject is covered in great length in any reputable CCW class. Short answer, it's a liability issue that you don't want if God forbid you ever have to use it. It WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU in a court of law by a manipulative defense or prosecuting lawyer. Same reason LEOs are not allowed to carry reloads when on duty.

There is no hellfire like a woman who has spit up across her face while you say hold on one second gotta wash my hands!!!

I am a scientist by profession so I wear gloves for half of my awake life, so it just feels natural to me anyway.
Having worked in a laboratory for 2/3 of my life, it took a lot to stop wearing gloves.
I still use them if I might be getting contaminates on my hands, or doing PM on my toys, 4WD, cleaning my firearms.
Reloading, during cleaning.
Wash your hands often, protect your lungs.

I have nitrate glove on hand at my reload bench but its rare when I use them all my brass is in large plastic coffe cans I pour in water vinager salt and some dawn and wash them for about 30 minutes or so drain and rinse deprime then place into the sonic cleaner that cleans up the primer pocket dry in the dehydater use the rcbs swag die foe large or small primer pockets never have to ream out pockets any more saving on metal removal run them tru the sizing die trim them in the trimer debur prime and reload very little contact with the lead aspect up it. but I still wash my hands during the wash and sonic cleaning part. Use nitrate gloves when cleaning barrels , bolts and gun parts and oiling pacific parts.

I use latex gloves during all phases of the reloading process, mainly due to not wanting the oils in my skin to affect the brass etc. Since I cast my handgun projectiles, I use welders' gloves when casting, nothing quite like burn from lead splattering. I also use latex gloves when cleaning my waepons. Always wash thoroughly after loading, shooting or cleaning.

Weaver93 has it right. I guess you guys don't drink out of garden hoses either.

I cleaned my brass with WD-40 once, and had a misfire when I had a shot at an elk. I've read that cops had the same trouble after cleaning their pistols with WD-40.