Reloading 28 nosler

Tom Erickson

Where do I start do I go by the book ? Or should I find out how long the bullet should be. Is it better to have a long bullet jump or short .do I start by adding powder or bullet length.
New to reloading where do you start once I get going I'm sure it wont be so confusing but starting out not sure where you start what's more important

I shoot Bergers for the most part and I have found that most barrels shoot well around .030 off the lands. So, I start there and adjust powder until I achieve a desirable group and then I fine tune using the Berger seating depth recommended method.

Where do I start do I go by the book ? Or should I find out how long the bullet should be. Is it better to have a long bullet jump or short .do I start by adding powder or bullet length.
New to reloading where do you start once I get going I'm sure it wont be so confusing but starting out not sure where you start what's more important
It also sounds like you should watch some basic reloading videos and learn the process. There are some great videos put out on YouTube. Check out Johnny's reloading bench he goes through the process of reloading.

Sounds like you need a mentor in your area to sit down with you. There are many ways to find an accurate load, you just need to find a way and perfect it. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.