Reloading 28 Nosler

I dropped down to 145 lrx It held better groups I think I'm on the right track if I play with the bullet depth thinking I can get it a litter tighter group bottom right was my group I'm going to play with

Attachments

• 20200620_113440.jpg
    20200620_113440.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
Been doing work with my current 28 Nosler barrel and components, never performed better since I got some Ramshot LRT and Hornady cases. Now I have 100 new fresh Peterson cases and another 8# of LRT, just waiting on the new 27" X-Caliber to be shipped? This is the longest I'v ever had to wait to get steel from them, just over 2 months now. Previous it was 5 weeks for one and just over 3 weeks for another, from time of order to my office. Time is starting get short for big game seasons, tarting with muzzle buck deer in September!

1594331926055.png

Ended up using barns ttsx 150 gr went out to north Dakota last weekend was shooting out to 385 . Tried to go further but could not see the target ( hill in the way ) went back to the 385 shot afew more times in different positions then played with the AR15 . Always fun to shoot with my Nephew did a little fishing then had to go back to work .

Attachments

• 20200703_194157.jpg
    20200703_194157.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Been doing work with my current 28 Nosler barrel and components, never performed better since I got some Ramshot LRT and Hornady cases. Now I have 100 new fresh Peterson cases and another 8# of LRT, just waiting on the new 27" X-Caliber to be shipped? This is the longest I'v ever had to wait to get steel from them, just over 2 months now. Previous it was 5 weeks for one and just over 3 weeks for another, from time of order to my office. Time is starting get short for big game seasons, tarting with muzzle buck deer in September!

View attachment 202751
You mentioned never performed better since you started using LRT, what powder are you comparing it to? I have tried H1000, Retumbo and RL33 in my 28N and RL33 provided the best accuracy with the FPS it produced, is LRT temp stable?

You mentioned never performed better since you started using LRT, what powder are you comparing it to? I have tried H1000, Retumbo and RL33 in my 28N and RL33 provided the best accuracy with the FPS it produced, is LRT temp stable?
Retumbo was was too spikey and poor case fill. H1000 was a performer in my 7STW with 160 class bullets, 28N is for for big boy heavy long ones! Reloder's slow powders too unpredictable for my taste.
The first best improvement was when I got some Hornady 28N brass andstopped using that soft af low pressure Nosler brass. Then moved to LRT powder, close to 100% case fill, with good velocity/accuracy (195 EOL seated to neck/shoulder junction as in long) and haven't gotten to the max charge yet?!

As far as LRT and temp stability goes for me and the high altitude CO conditions go: I started testing LRT in the spring 60's degree temps and the last tests were a few weeks ago in mid 80's temps, no hard lift, no bolt marks, no clickers. It's pretty stable from what I'v experienced, but I'm not one to really concern myself with that, been handloading for a long time, before temp stable powders were a thing.

I may purchase a pound to see how it works, description on Midsouth states it is similar to Retumbo burn rate. I know RL33 produced the best accuracy and velocity for 195gr.

I may purchase a pound to see how it works, description on Midsouth states it is similar to Retumbo burn rate. I know RL33 produced the best accuracy and velocity for 195gr.
Nope, it's SLOW like H50BMG/H5010! You won't be disappointed.
I'l probably get another keg on the way myself from them, got mouths to feed 28N, 300RUM, 6.5x284N and deciding on either a 6.5PRC or something to make the 25 cal 131Blackjack Ace go faster!

I haven't shot since July 4th weekend . Since this dam China flu hit the company I work for could not do their employee recognition dinner so they gave every one 150 dollar gift card so I had to buy Something I did not need. So bought a magneto speed V3 . Now that I have a chronograph I now it will help me set my scope app for the ballistic but I know it supposed to help me make a better accurate load .but other then that how do people use it as a tool to help them . What is a average S.D
I understand the lower is better but what kind of numbers do yo except and when do you change something to get a lower number ?
Thanks for all the help I have been getting
Tom
Ps. Haven't asked yet but are there any members in Minnesota north of the twin cities that want to go shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.