Reloader 26

Jeff,

As with anything else, YMMV. Do not be afraid to try other powders that you have or can obtain much more accessible than RL26 until they are more readily available; it might surprise you with the results. N170, MAGPRO, and Magnum are very close to the RL26's burn rate and are more readily available.

Ed
Ed,
Thank you so much for that info. I'll try and pick some of those up as well!

They must have made a run of Reloader very recently. I bought 2 lbs of R25 at Rocky Mtn Discount Sports in Casper On Tursday. Try Powder Valley in KS. They are usually one of the first distributors to receive product and their shipping is reasonable. They will tack on an additional $19 hazmat fee but that is per shipment, not per item.

They must have made a run of Reloader very recently. I bought 2 lbs of R25 at Rocky Mtn Discount Sports in Casper On Tursday. Try Powder Valley in KS. They are usually one of the first distributors to receive product and their shipping is reasonable. They will tack on an additional $19 hazmat fee but that is per shipment, not per item.
How does R25 compare with R26? Rocky Mountain still had R25 yesterday. I have not tried R25.

I hope that is true with RL 7……would make me a "happy camper"! 😁 memtb

Jeff,

As with anything else, YMMV. Do not be afraid to try other powders that you have or can obtain much more accessible than RL26 until they are more readily available; it might surprise you with the results. N170, MAGPRO, and Magnum are very close to the RL26's burn rate and are more readily available.

Ed
I Have those powders! Believe me they don't compare to the velocities you get with R 26. I contacted Reloader about availability and they are shipping it worldwide and they have no control over the distrbution once it enter the US markets. Good luck.

Last edited:
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to All,

According to what I've heard from Alliant, Re-26 might be on the way to the US in the first quarter.

Here's the hangup. They do not ship directly to the merchant, they ship to the distributors and as a result have no idea where the powder is headed after it hits our distribution network.

As a contract requirement, Alliant states that distributors and end sellers must satisfy all backorders first before general sales. So, if you're not on any back order lists, you're SOL. Based on all the ruckus shooters are making on the internet, I'd guess that this run of Re-26 will all be marked 'sold out' immediately without any of it getting into the supply chain for general sales. I'm also sure that the devious and criminal supporters of the 'gray' or 'black' market will achieve some supplies illicitly, of course.

I, like so many other shooters, REALLY like Re-26. However, I have no intention of being held for ransom because the manufacturers have a plan to milk us dry. I have found other powders available occasionally which work quite well as alternatives so I'm not fretting the lack of supply.

Please enjoy your Christmas holiday with your family and friends! Remember the reason for the season!

Stay warm!

:)