Reliable & Affordable Scopes! Your go to is?

I have a number of Burris Veracity 2x10 and 3x15, all ffp. One has treated itself poorly, and it still performs great. one very reputable web supplier often has blems on sale for$350-450. I've never found a mark on one.
I just checked and Nat…has the Burris 3-15 Rfp capped turrets, on sale for $449.

Last edited:
I have been pretty happy with the 6/10/12x SWFA scopes. The ones I have used dial precisely. The 16x optics are fair and the 20x is pretty muddy. I don't recommend them.

Burris. Hands down the best value for quality in the economy line of scopes. Fullfield IIs and Fullfield E series. I have $110 Burris shotgun scopes that are 8-10yrs old and take a beating. I don't even confirm zeros year to year anymore. They just stay solid.

Edited to add: The Fullfield IIs drawback is the ocular is the magnification ring. So, scope caps get rotated in weird positions on the ocular as one adjusts the magnification. For a bolt gun this can put the cap lid in interference with the bolt throw. Also, the ocular can get stiff and extremely hard to turn in freezing temps.

The E1 line don't have as nice of surface finish as the II line, but the power ring is separate from the ocular, so no worries about scope cap lids.

These have been reliable for me on rifles that ride on the tractor or in the Ranger. They get banged around and I don't dial. I used Burris' reticle analysis tool to get my drops for the BDC reticle.

BURRIS Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Riflescope 200349 $145ish

Burris fullfield ii 3-9x40 with bdc have been really good for about $150.

I've also really enjoyed burris veracity 3-15x50 with bdc on FFP. $500 or a little more on fleabay.

Burris RT6 on anything from AR to shotgun
For what you are wanting, I concur with all the above

My stand By scopes are my Leupold Vari X 3. I just saw an add at Cabalas/ Bass Pro for VX 5 Leupold for $799.00. I have been trying to get them 30mm main tubes.

Recent Posts