Are there good, lightweight scopes with reliable tracking?

If I was going on a hunt of a lifetime. Or a hunt that takes a decade to get points for. I'm going prepared. A back up scope. Can be a small lightweight unit. What ever happens switch it out and hunt on. Any scope can break on a hunt. You could just fall and crush your scope. Or be real unlucky like my friend who's horse spooked and dropped him and then ran out into a pond and drowned. Got to be prepared for the worst. It could happen anytime with any equipment at any price.
Shep

I want to try a US Optics TS12 for the same reasons the OP asked. But I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a Chinese scope with the things going on in the world today.

If that's Not something that bothers you, looks like a really good option. But they are new like the Razor.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a TS-12 and TS-20 but I did not pay full price on them. I purchased them before the pandemic and it LNIB but not hunted with, paid $325, and $915 respectively. I really wish they are actually made in the US. In USO's credit, the quality of these scopes does not scream cheaply made in China. Having said that, I will NOT current retail price for them today.

USO TS-12 1 of 2.jpg

USO TS-12 2 of 2.jpg

It is still in works but it is going on a Kimber 84L Hunter .30-06 (paid $575 for it brand new) that is re-chambered to .30 Gibbs. We shall see how this combination works out.

Leupold VX3i and above - pick the features you want in the weight you want and go for it. I have not had a problem with their products. I did send a scope back to them, but that was to have them change a reticle and they were great to work with.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.