Most reliable scope

A 2-10 Nightforce would be a top choice. Buying a cheap scope is more often than not a false economy.

In regards to the comment about not getting a fixed power for hunting, I will politely disagree. I have killed a good number of big game critters with a fixed 10X, as well as used one on a work rifle. It is not nearly the handicap that it is made out to be, and in fact quite often is an asset, as it is one less thing to fiddle with.

I respectfully agree in your ways of disagreeing. :D

If a fixed power works for you then that is all that matters... Personally I have lost track of animals when my scope was dialed up to high and the animal was close. I also shoot 3-gun courses and know a high powered scope is hard to use close quarters. But again, people can make it work. I was voicing my personal experience...

Well said Sir! It boils down to "personal preference", experience(s), and application(s), etc, ...

Cheers!

Ed

I have owned a couple of Burris, couple of Nikon, 6 or 7 Leupold, 2 Zeiss, 2 Swarovski, and 2 Night Force. Out of all of them over the last 4 years I have had to send in for repairs, 2 Leupold, both Zeiss, and 1 Swarovski. Sooner or later everything breaks, but out of all of them, I would have to recommend the Night Force, they are built like a tank.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.