Redding Dies an Upgrade?

I went ahead and ordered a non bushing Redding FL sizing die. I anneal on an AMP and that does a good job with consistent neck tension.

This is for a 6.5 PRC so I'll be sure to use my Imperial wax.

I had the same brass-marking problem in a Redding body die recently. Die was really tight and grabbed at the brass. I got a pack of felt points to put on a Dremel, coated one up with Flitz, and very little at a time polished until the marks went away. I used two sizes of the spitzer-looking points - one for the body and one for the shoulder area.

Did I change the die dimensions? Eh probably not with polish and how lightly I had to hit the die, but if it did change anything then 1) the die works significantly better now, 2) brass life hasn't seemed to suffer, and 3) gun shoots better on the resized cases than it did the first time through, so it didn't hurt anything.

If you end up messing it up, the die was trash to start with so you aren't out much. At most a replacement if Hornady throws a fit about you trying to fix their mistake.

Hornady dies are fine, I have dozens of them sitting on the shelf next to my fancy Redding and Whidden and SAC and bloogah-bloogah something-fancy dies - they're a good value at the price point, very similar to how a lot of what Lee makes is low-cost but not "cheap". This is probably a case of a worn reamer or a chip getting stuck when the die was cut, could happen in any die. You'd hope QC would catch it, but Hornady does a lot of volume and a lemon is bound to turn up somewhere occasionally. I was able to fix mine, I don't feel like Redding owed me anything since it was a simple job.

Amazon Link to Felt Points

If you want to buy a Redding, I think they make good quality dies, especially mic seating dies. But I also wouldn't give up on what you have already, if only just to try to look inside it and see if it can be made to work instead of pitching it.

I might try this. There is a guy on You Tube Johnny's Reloading Bench that got two 6.5 PRC cases stuck in a Redding die in a row! The dies made marks exactly like the marks on my brass.

The lines in my picture are absolutely, without a doubt, 1000% caused by the die. Anyone saying the lines on my cases are caused by the chamber is wrong, flat out, sorry Charlie. I can prove it because I have cases from the exact same box as the two in the picture that do not have the lines on them, that have been shot as many times as the cases with the lines, the only difference is they were sized after the die had been polished. I have an entire second batch of cases with no markings on any of the cases at all because they were sized in the polished die.

I obviously don't know for sure about the OP, but I know for a fact that the rings on my cases are not caused by my chamber. I also don't see where anyone said my lines were from the chamber directly, but just wanted to be very clear about my picture.
Back to casting dispersions.
So the problem was with the die after all!I have seen crazy things pass by quality control on many things so Redding letting one get past their Q C can happen.I just ordered the same polishing set you ordered and used to clean up your die.I have one that needs polishing and I don't want to send it back.Carry On!