Redding Dies?

I turn all my necks, and changing out my dies to bushing dies. I hadn't paid much attention to it. I started turning necks in early 2000. I am not for sure if they there was bushing dies at that time. I lighten up my neck tension on my reloading without even knowing what I had really done. I changed the tension, and for the better. Now you have other ways to do that. That would reduced the tension. I did set the thickness and didn't change it in cutting my necks. You will need to check the neck thickness to see how much they are out. So to me setting the thickness is a must. I my newest rifle, I am reducing the neck dia, and will have to cut my neck to fit.

I ordered a set from midsouth for a 300 wm, they said 10 days before shipping but in stock.

good luck, hope this helps.

edit: i dont see redding in stock here either.
Midsouth is usually one of the first places I look to.

Not in a die-R hurry, but a .25-06 sizing die reasonably priced and preferably new would get my attention. Brownells offers them, but with a 5-8 week delivery, maybe.
I have a few dies for 25-06. I just bought an rcbs matchmaster full length bushing die set, so if you want a set, I can help you out. I have a set of pacific, durachrome dies, (full length and seater), and separately, I have a redding bushing neck die, and I think 3 bushings, .281, .282, and .283, I believe. All are in like new condition. Not really sure what they're all worth, but I'm gonna guess they ought to be worth $50.

Thanks. I'm looking for a Redding FL die. I've got an old RCBS set I'll continue to use until one comes along. I have just a few cases left to size for now so I'll just do everything with the same one.

OP, I think I have a set of the Master Hunter dies for 25-06 if you are still looking. I don't know the price off the top of my head but just PM me. I will get the part no. too.

I bought a Redding full length neck bushing 22-250 die from Midsouth. It took a couple weeks to get though.

I suppose that one could buy the master hunter set and sell off the competition seat die. One would have to get more than their asking price for the seat die in order to make it feasible. The fact that they have them in stock says that they aren't moving many at that price. I got the last one from Midway for around $137 + tax and thought that that was pricey.

I also prefer the lock rings that squeeze the die instead of set screw into the threads.
Tried them all and Forster lock rings are the absolute best IMO
More than 15 years ago ordered something like 35-38 when I found a deal if you order five of them as I knew I would continue to add calibers to reload most of my life and now I am down to my last 3 unused Forster LR's and those are going on my 308W dies very very soon
Now I have 2 or 3 die sets for all my calibers for some calibers I have multiple die sets
308W
300wm
300wsm
338wm
7mmstw
6.5x55 Swedish
35 Remington
For friends:
300 Weatherby
7mmRM
30/06
270W
Never ever liked lock rings made by either Redding or RCBS

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.