Redding Dies?

antelopedundee

Are there no Redding dies to be had anywhere where they aren't OOS or on 6 months backorder?

Asking for a friend.

Haven't seen any anywhere except on this forum. Perhaps post a want ad for them.

It would appear all die makers are months behind. I too have found no die sets available but did luck out and found a Redding Deluxe die set in 264WM at our Australian distributor last month.
Best part was I paid the WHOLESALE price.

Cheers.

I have seen some in auctions, but don't know which you are looking for. I can keep an eye out if you would like.

Not in a die-R hurry, but a .25-06 sizing die reasonably priced and preferably new would get my attention. Brownells offers them, but with a 5-8 week delivery, maybe.

Last edited:
I've noticed that a lot of people who buy dies seem to prefer to use lock rings that are different from the ones that came with the dies. I like the Hornady ones with the wrench flats.

Saw those on eBay. Don't really need a seat die so if I don't shake anything loose in a few days I'll just order the single sizer from Brownells. There are dies on the shelf here, but nothing that I can use.

I got Redding full length re-sizing die with bushing, but it was only back order for a few months. The bushing were the biggest problem, and finally got them. The biggest thing I learn was order out from Midway and Brownell. Once you order out instead of wish list, you can't cancel out. They both notified me of the item. I was betting on I could cancel the one, but found out the hard way you can't. Maybe everybody else know that. So I will wear a sign saying "STUPID".

IMO the bushing are useful mainly if you turn case necks. If you have a 6.5mm caliber and you want a sized ID of .261 and your necks are of .014 uniform thickness then you'd want a bushing of .289 and that's hoping that there's no spring in the brass. Unfortunately Brownells does not offer the Sinclair mandrels in .261 AFAIK.

I ordered a set from midsouth for a 300 wm, they said 10 days before shipping but in stock.

good luck, hope this helps.

edit: i dont see redding in stock here either.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.