Re-bore recommendation

matthew lofton

Can any of you guys recommend a smith to do a barrel re-bore? Dan Penderson was suggested in a prior thread I started but I cannot get in contact with him. Thanks in advance!

Matt

Unless the rifle is an antique that you don't want to externally modify, or it has sentimental value, I'd recommend just rebarreling it with a newer high-quality blank like a Bartlein, Brux, Rock Creek, Proof Research, Christensen Arms, Schneider, Krieger, etc... If it is an antique or sentimental, I honestly don't know who does re-boring. Maybe you'd be able to talk to one of the manufacturers that I listed and tell them your situation, and they might be willing to help you out with your project.

He still does work as of a few years ago. He's definitely hard to get ahold of though. I feel your pain. Just keep on it and try all contact methods. I think he's a 1 man shop and is super busy all the time. He does good work though. But I'd take the above recommendation unless you want to keep the original barrel for some reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts