Stock Recommendation

Bominiscious

I have a Tikka T3x that is being rebarrelled to a Sendero profile. 7mm Rem Mag. As a Lite rifle with factory barrel it is in a McMillan Sporter style stock. Edge fill.

Assuming I need a wider channel but being on a limited budget have a couple questions. I already put money ($2000) toward the barrel and good glass so trying to find good stock options that are gonna keep me well under $1000 for the stock.

Or, should I just relieve the barrel channel for now and hunt with the McMillan? I could sell the McMillan and put the money toward a better stock. Or, use the McMillan on a different rifle that will stay in the basic stock configuration.

I am new to this.

Thanks

@Bominiscious we have Tikka Altitude stocks on the shelf ready to ship in several colors. The Billet trigger guard is a very worthy upgrade, let us know if we can help!

The Altitude is a good stock. I have one on a Tikka and one on a Remington. The vertical grip and thickness of the grip to take some getting used to, but they are very good at positioning your hand to get the proper trigger pull.
In regards to upgrading the bottom metal, it is nice, but not totally necessary. If you are on a budget, I would say let it ride for now and replace it later if you so choose. That is, unless you want to have a bigger trigger guard opening for use of bulky gloves.

I had a Mesa Precision Arms Altitude on a Remington 700 in 300 RUM. The drop at the top of the pad really seemed to exaggerate the muzzle rise. It was fine on a 30-06 though. I thought the grip was too thick. The forearm was contoured nicely for hand carrying.
^^ I had the same experience with the Mesa^^
I swapped to the AG Alpine. It solved that issue.
Also look at MCS Pro Hunter.

I agree with the comments on the Mesa. If you are shooting prone or bench, the design of the Mesa will induce muzzle jump. Follow up shots or spotting shots can be challenging. To me it is very comfortable and naturally allows for quick quick eye orientation with a repeatable cheek weld in field situations. It is light weight and fits a tight budget better than some others. The Manners MCS Pro Hunter will be my next purchase.

I agree with the comments on the Mesa. If you are shooting prone or bench, the design of the Mesa will induce muzzle jump. Follow up shots or spotting shots can be challenging. To me it is very comfortable and naturally allows for quick quick eye orientation with a repeatable cheek weld in field situations. It is light weight and fits a tight budget better than some others. The Manners MCS Pro Hunter will be my next purchase.

According to Manners, they are not inletting that stock for a Tikka. This is the list from their website: Our lineup of Tikka stocks includes: T4 Tikka, EH1-TK, EHT, EHTA and the PRS1TK