Savage stock recommendations

Problem is it's my first savage. So I got no clue as to what I got or need. Second problem is being in Canada and not having access to all these parts. So far it hasn't been fun. Was about ready to throw this action in the garbage. But I really do appreciate the help. Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies. I actually picked up a savage axis xp on sale.

Good move! My neighbor in New Mexico has two daughters, one 12 and one 15. Both filled their elk and deer tags this year using the Axis in 6.5CM. I stabilized the stocks on both rifles and they were quite accurate.

Problem is it's my first savage. So I got no clue as to what I got or need. Second problem is being in Canada and not having access to all these parts. So far it hasn't been fun. Was about ready to throw this action in the garbage. But I really do appreciate the help. Thanks.
Contact Jerry Teo of http://mysticprecision.com/about/. He used to frequent this site and have tons of knowledge in budget LR to include Savage actions.

This is an old article on one of his project build https://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/long-range-hunting-rifle-on-a-budget.3/. IIRC, pictures before but now that it is no longer available, perhaps to save space in the historical archives.

Ed

Contact Jerry Teo of http://mysticprecision.com/about/. He used to frequent this site and have tons of knowledge in budget LR to include Savage actions.

This is an old article on one of his project build https://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/long-range-hunting-rifle-on-a-budget.3/. IIRC, pictures before but now that it is no longer available, perhaps to save space in the historical archives.

Ed
Thanks Feenix. I have contacted Jerry a few times. He also said without a model number he doesn't know what stock to order. Luckily my action has a trigger. Jerry said if it didn't have a trigger it would be a paper weight! I still can't believe it's this hard to find a stock. Maybe I'll just need to risk it and order a Boyd's. I'm ok if it's not a perfect fit and I need to do a bit of work to make it fit. Would be nice if savage customer service would answer emails.

Thanks Feenix. I have contacted Jerry a few times. He also said without a model number he doesn't know what stock to order. Luckily my action has a trigger. Jerry said if it didn't have a trigger it would be a paper weight! I still can't believe it's this hard to find a stock. Maybe I'll just need to risk it and order a Boyd's. I'm ok if it's not a perfect fit and I need to do a bit of work to make it fit. Would be nice if savage customer service would answer emails.
Did you try calling them instead of e-mail?

ADDED: @BEEMAN FYSA, I was in the queue for 38 minutes while working on something else, but I successfully got the information I needed.

Last edited:
Yes tried calling multiple times. Nobody answers the phone either. Maybe it's because of Covid and under staffed. Not sure, but it's very frustrating. I'll try calling again today.

@BEEMAN can you post a couple. Pictures of the action from different angles? We can probably ID it that way, or at least get you on track for a model number that will work

With a savage, how do you know what replacement stock will fit? Sorry for the dumb question. But I have this 110 LA and have no idea on what replacement stock to order. I was thinking of going with a Boyd's prairie hunter. I would like some sort of detatchable mag/clip. Boyd's wants a model number but I only bought the action used to build off of, so I have no idea on model number. I emailed savage with these questions and gave them my serial number, but that was a week ago and still no reply. Any stock and bottom metal recommendations would You neglect to state what caliber. The reason being is either a long action (,

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.