Bore guide recommendations

rafterfp

Have have used Mike Lucas for my bore guides in the past however I am in
need of a new one and as far as I know he has quit making them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

A friend ordered a Lucas a few weeks ago. Have you tried contacting him, I know he doesn't like phone calls only e-mails. Mike has been hard to contact lately from what I've heard. His guides are a cut above all the rest. If he stops making them, I don't know which guide would take its place. I have a new caliber I need a guide for and haven't ordered one yet.

I tried to contact him about a month ago via email with no luck,
Maybe I will try again thanks for the info

I've stopped spending money on bore guides and started building my own. A few lengths of aluminum tubing from the local hardware outlet (sizes that telescope inside of one another so I can make a stop to slip into my bolt handle recess in the action) coupled with some of these:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...rsal-bore-guide-replacement-tips-package-of-3
save me a few bucks and allow me to make lengths and diameters that are custom suited to my rifles.

OOOPS ... looks like they don't handle them any longer. Looks like I'll have to find a way to make those too. OMG, I love my lathe.

I have had my Lucas Bore Guide for several years, and recently purchased a new cleaning rod (Bore Tech Shooting Stix). I e-mailed him to get a different insert for my guide due to the different diameter of the new rod. He responded within 24 hours, and sent me the new insert of the correct size immediately. He enclosed a bill to mail him a check. That was in April.

Maybe I have the wrong email address? If someone could PM me a current one? That would be awesome. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.