Re-bedding a Bedded Stock

Triple BB

I have a friend who offered to sell me a McMillan stock for cheap. Kicker is, its been glass bedded. Was thinking of taking my Dremel tool and grinding out just enough of the old bedding that I can re-bed it to my action. Anyone see any issues in doing this?

I have a friend who offered to sell me a McMillan stock for cheap. Kicker is, its been glass bedded. Was thinking of taking my Dremel tool and grinding out just enough of the old bedding that I can re-bed it to my action. Anyone see any issues in doing this?

I have done it several times. Make sure you leave a couple of contact points to keep everything lined up. I usually wrap a couple of strips of tape around the barrel at the fore end to insure alignment and clearance.......Rich

Should be pillars around the action screw holes. I dremel everything else away and simply re bed.

This is what I do. Just got done with one not to long ago i bought in the classifieds here. I took every bit of old bedding compound out and made sure the top of the pillars were clean and bedded to my action. Good luck and take it slow.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.