Re-bedding a pillar bedded stock

WeiserBucks

I recently purchased a stock that had pillars installed and bedded for a standard lug . My lug is. 375 , I have already relieved the lug area and am preparing to remove some of the original bedding to fit my action perfectly. Being that the pillars are already in place , should I just snug up the action screws while bedding or are there other considerations I should be aware of?

I recently purchased a stock that had pillars installed and bedded for a standard lug . My lug is. 375 , I have already relieved the lug area and am preparing to remove some of the original bedding to fit my action perfectly. Being that the pillars are already in place , should I just snug up the action screws while bedding or are there other considerations I should be aware of?
I would remove all material where the recoil lug sits, tape the sides and bottom of the lug and bed with the action screws snug.
Are the pillars proud of the rest of the bedding surface, like on Remington HS-Precision stocks?
I bed these flat, so that more of the action is supported.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts