RCBS presses

Sounds like a good price. Bought a RCBS rock chucker back in the mid to late 70's. We load for 9 different rifle calibers and for 3 pistol calibers.
It still loads good ammo as far as I can tell. Every thing is still tight on it and produces good reloads. I was looking at an upgrade for this press a while back and could not really see a reason to do so. Hell I'm beginning to wonder if this press is going to last longer than me. Good luck on your new press.

I've seen old presses that were rusted, I've seen old presses that were worn sloppy due to a lack of oil. But I ain't never seen a press of any color that was 'worn out' from use, only neglect. Meaning they ALL will last longer than we will if we use them correctly and give 'em a modest amount of care.

I've seen old presses that were rusted, I've seen old presses that were worn sloppy due to a lack of oil. But I ain't never seen a press of any color that was 'worn out' from use, only neglect. Meaning they ALL will last longer than we will if we use them correctly and give 'em a modest amount of care.

And your point is..????

+1

Lifetime investment if you actually try to take care of it. My press is 6 or 7 years old; my Dad's is 30+ --probably closer to 40. They are both standard rockchuckers. You couldn't tell one from another ammo wise. Tear 'em down when they feel even a bit gritty and clean/grease them, and that's it.

$140 for a good press isn't a bad deal at all at today's prices.

"And your point is..???? "

Well, I didn't think it would be that obscure but my point is RCBS presses are not unique nor do they last any longer than others.

I have two 18 year old Lee presses in great shape. I have a 22 year old Rock Chucker in great shspe. I have a 47 year old Lyman in great shape. I have a 49 year old Herter's press in great shape. I Keep my presses cleaned and lightly oiled and they last, I don't need poorly informed web hype to tell me about how long presses will last. Does that help? :)

"And your point is..???? "

Well, I didn't think it would be that obscure but my point is RCBS presses are not unique nor do they last any longer than others.

I have two 18 year old Lee presses in great shape. I have a 22 year old Rock Chucker in great shspe. I have a 47 year old Lyman in great shape. I have a 49 year old Herter's press in great shape. I Keep my presses cleaned and lightly oiled and they last, I don't need poorly informed web hype to tell me about how long presses will last. Does that help? :)

Your climbing my back over points that weren't mention or even indicated as such. I never said they were..nor did I say they do. READ MY POST AT THE BEGINNING...and see if you can comprehend it.

And you wouldnt see me ever brag I owned Lee presses...even though I do own 1...they cheapest that I use for ram priming..period

Learn to read first...comprehend secondly...and then you wont be so inclined to start an argument where one isnt needed

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.