Rcbs Rebel press

.7mm.

I have one of the rebel presses, and while it does produce good loads, the ram linkage has some slop and play in it. It just chaps my *** and I want to get rid of that wobble.
I was thinking of using some o rings or something similar to tighten up the linkage...has anyone remedied this problem before?

Maybe I'm wrong but I disagree with that.
I dont believe there needs to be horizontal play in the linkage to obtain cam over, which would be a vertical movement and function of the ram.

Why not call RCBS about it. They have the best CS out there. My Redding BB2 has slop in the linkage and I can move the handle left and right. It makes no difference in my ammo. As long as the vertical is good it will be fine. I compared the same load loaded on my Forster adn my BB2 and no difference on paper. The ram is tight with no play

Last edited:
120mm Heavy Prazipress (German):

1707748828990.jpeg

Smaller Prezipress:
1707749134692.jpeg

There is no slop in these presses. The price will drive most folks away. I use 1 each of the three sizes.

https://www.turban-cnc.de/prazipress#prev

:)

Why not call RCBS about it. They have the best CS out there. My Redding BB2 has slop in the linkage and I can move the handle left and right. It makes no difference in my ammo. As long as the vertical is good it will be fine. I compared the same load loaded on my Forster adn my BB2 and no difference on paper
Haha well I did , they told me its "normal" and not to worry about it

It drives me crazy though, and I'm at the point where I'm just going to retire it to a Decapping press and upgrade to a Zero or Nexus.

I doubt it's by design. Maybe Default.
Believe what you like, but this is the answer…
There are presses designed to cam over and there are presses not designed to cam over. If you want a press with no slack, buy a press that does not cam over..
You called RCBS and were given the answer but you still aren't satisfied…

Maybe I'm wrong but I disagree with that.
I dont believe there needs to be horizontal play in the linkage to obtain cam over, which would be a vertical movement and function of the ram.
You are wrong…look up how the press works when cramming over, the linkage and handle go past the point of straight up and down, therefore the slack is taken up by this cramming over, which is necessary to have the clearance for, just simple engineering…

Haha well I did , they told me its "normal" and not to worry about it

It drives me crazy though, and I'm at the point where I'm just going to retire it to a Decapping press and upgrade to a Zero or Nexus.
If you are just screwing your dies in to touch the shell holder without cramming over, you are sizing incorrectly…

Nope...clearly not
There are many presses out there that do not have slop in the linkage that do cam over.