Rebel press after a week

Bought a Rebel press about 3 months ago, had been using a RCBS RCII or something to that #.I did notice the handle slop when at top of stroke, and worried at first. Then I did shoulder bumping, and seating....couldn't care less about the slop now....bump is accurate to .005 (with calipers and Hornady gauge) and base to ogive to .001. I could never get that accurate with my old press. And this is using Forster regular dies...I thought at first I might be throwing money out the window, but it was the best $220.00 I've spent in a long time...I guess we feel that a press should last forever , but as with everything, wear takes it toll....Anyway, I am very happy with my Rebel press, and recommend it to everyone... rsbhunter

Yes I agree, you would need a big misalignment on press for it not to work right, I noticed a lot of people who got rid of their coax say it's a ergonomic issue or some other little thing, if a press was making super straight rounds I would definitely put up with little annoyances, I really liked the way my coax worked, I pulled on the yoke for most processes and it was quick and easy but I didn't like the ammo it made, I wanted to keep it and even got some tips from Forster but nothing seemed to help much.

The coax jaws need to have some play so they can move, if one jaw is a little farther out than while holding case wouldn't this can't the case as it's coming out of a FL dies expander, also let's say the case does not sit perfectly vertical, once the lock ring on die hits top of slot it will not slide anymore it kinda locks in place with Forster aluminum lock rings so shell can push die off center and from my experience the jaws do not allow shell to move easily against it's base, the Forster coax is nothing new, it's patent has run out a long time ago, why wouldn't every press manufacturer make one if it was so good, if something is really good everyone copies it, most of the reviews I see speak of the convenience of the coax, the 14 press shootout is only review I seen with actual runout and if press was supplied by Forster I'm sure it was well checked over, seems like they're are reinventing the wheel.