Rcbs Rebel press

Has anyone compared the Rebel press to the Rockchucker for ease of sizing? Is it noticeably easier to size large cartridges on the Rebel compared to the RC or if your having trouble sizing with the RC would you look to something different then the Rebel?

Has anyone compared the Rebel press to the Rockchucker for ease of sizing? Is it noticeably easier to size large cartridges on the Rebel compared to the RC or if your having trouble sizing with the RC would you look to something different then the Rebel?
I can tell you that I do have some trouble full length sizing larger cases like 45-70 and have had some trouble with 7mm rem mag, on my rebel. Really had to put some force behind the ram.

I dont have a rock chucker to compare to though.

I can tell you that I do have some trouble full length sizing larger cases like 45-70 and have had some trouble with 7mm rem mag, on my rebel. Really had to put some force behind the ram.

I've done a bunch of 300 win mag and 444 Marlin with no issues. I will be doing 45-70 this year so I'll see how that does. Which lube are you using?

I've done a bunch of 300 win mag and 444 Marlin with no issues. I will be doing 45-70 this year so I'll see how that does. Which lube are you using?
One shot, but yeah when I use the perfect amount of lube they size well. Too little or too much and I have to really get behind the ram.

It is quite possible that a different lube would be better.

One shot, but yeah when I use the perfect amount of lube they size well. Too little or too much and I have to really get behind the ram.

It is quite possible that a different lube would be better.
Try this. I think you'll have better results.
IMG_7957.jpeg

Hmm, not exactly what I wanted to hear. I size 45-70 and 300WM pretty easily on my Rockchucker but I have a 338 Norma based wildcat that I'm really struggling to size in the RC. With your description I don't think the Rebel is much of a step up in leverage and mechanical advantage.

Hmm, not exactly what I wanted to hear. I size 45-70 and 300WM pretty easily on my Rockchucker but I have a 338 Norma based wildcat that I'm really struggling to size in the RC. With your description I don't think the Rebel is much of a step up in leverage and mechanical advantage.
Well. As stated above, it could just be my choice of case lube but still, IMO the rebel isn't much of an improvement over a rock chucker. More of an equivalent than an upgrade.

Something else I do with mine is I don't put grease in the grease fitting. I put 3-In-1 oil on the moving parts and it's a lot smoother.