Mec Marksman or RCBS Rebel

jlarose85

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone that's chimed in on my recent posts about getting started on hand loading. I've been doing a ton of reading and have found so much useful info searching on the site. I've got pretty much everything lined up at this point but I need to choose a press.

I've narrowed it down to the Mec Marksman and the RCBS Rebel. Both have good reviews most everywhere I can find and they seem to be pretty high quality presses. Other that the sort of C frame vs. O frame and the floating shell holder on the Mec, am I missing any significant differences between the 2 that I should take in to account? What would be your choice between these 2 presses and why?

Thanks!

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone that's chimed in on my recent posts about getting started on hand loading. I've been doing a ton of reading and have found so much useful info searching on the site. I've got pretty much everything lined up at this point but I need to choose a press.

I've narrowed it down to the Mec Marksman and the RCBS Rebel. Both have good reviews most everywhere I can find and they seem to be pretty high quality presses. Other that the sort of C frame vs. O frame and the floating shell holder on the Mec, am I missing any significant differences between the 2 that I should take in to account? What would be your choice between these 2 presses and why?

Thanks!
I have the MEC. There are reviews on YouTube.

MEC is super smooth... even better with inline roller handle. Lots of power and front access is really nice.

Primer-decapping sucks on the MEC... they do spill out.

If you get the rebel i would opt for redding big boss ii. More bolts to hold it down and at least as strong. And made in USA. and primer drops straight down thru ram easy peasy.

I compared shoulder bumping accuracy on the big boss ii compared to the MEC. On average the big boss ii was .0002 more accuate. That's for 100 cases each. Very close to each other.

I like the smooth feel and open front of the MEC.

If you don't decap on it you'll be very happy.