MEC Marksman Question

md66948

I have been reading the reviews on the MEC Marksman Press and it seems that most of the reviews are positive.

What I would like to know is how well a Lee Universal Depriming Die works on the Marksman?

I am concerned about the floating shell holder not letting the decapping pin line up with the primer hole causing broken pins.

Any opinions or experiences with this question/concern?

Dane

I have used RCBS universal decapping/depriming dies with a Rock Chucker Supreme IV for years... No issues here. Be careful when depriming hot primers, go slowly and evenly on the pressure... Just an FYI incase you ever have to deprime unspent primers.

I too have deprimed many thousands of cases over many years on several single stage presses. I currently have a Lee Cast Iron Breech Lock Press that I may sell. I am thinking about buying a MEC Marksman to replace it but my concern is the floating case holder on the MEC. Since the case holder can move on top of the ram will my decapping pin be off center of the primer hole causing the decapping pin to break?

I sent MEC an email asking them questions and concerns that I had but they never responded. Their lack of response alarms me.

I too have deprimed many thousands of cases over many years on several single stage presses. I currently have a Lee Cast Iron Breech Lock Press that I may sell. I am thinking about buying a MEC Marksman to replace it but my concern is the floating case holder on the MEC. Since the case holder can move on top of the ram will my decapping pin be off center of the primer hole causing the decapping pin to break?

I sent MEC an email asking them questions and concerns that I had but they never responded. Their lack of response alarms me.

Most companies are bad about emails - call them.

The MEC is the equivalent of the old "C" frame presses. There will be a lot of flex and spring in it. If you do light reloading, it will be fine, but if you do heavy sizing or other heavy reloading chores, you should consider an "O" frame press.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.