Range finder or RF binoculars?

For bowhunting I tend to carry both, but with the ballistic solutions custom built in nowadays it is hard to beat any of the high quality binocular rf combos.

I've tried several range finders over the years and there are some great ones out now but I've owned my share of ones that couldn't in their best day reach the distance they advertised. A few years ago I started looking at reducing to one unit instead of 2 and after a lot of research and looking thru the combination range finding binos I landed on the Leica 3200.com. The glass is great and they will range 2000+ yards far beyond what I'm going to shoot in a hunting situation. Ive had them 2 years now and absolutely love having one unit instead of 2.

Bino's with the rangefinder built in are hard to beat. Just point, range, dial and shoot. The BR4 from Revic/Gunwerks is awesome as well. I use my Swaro's to spot game and then range with the BR4, earlier the BR2, they have never let me down. I am seriously looking at the new Revic rangefinding binoculars but want them to get at least one hunting season under their belt to work out any kinks before I spend another $2,600.00 for more glass. All indications are that they are legit so I see them in my near future.

Looking at either a range finder or RF binoculars. Like the idea of only having one piece of equipment instead of 2. Being able to use the binoculars and range in one motion. I have an Sig kilo 2400 now that I would give to wife.Thinking the 8x32 Swaro RF binoculars for field of view and steadier than bigger ones when not on tripod. but that's a lot of money! If I go with RF looking at the Revic BR4 or another Sig. Has anyone tried the BR4?

My opinion…..for what's it's worth! Buy separate tools!

Two in one is really convenient until one or the other fails….then you have a very expensive set of binoculars or an expensive range finder. And, you're back to square one…..needing to spend money again! memtb

My opinion…..for what's it's worth! Buy separate tools!

Two in one is really convenient until one or the other fails….then you have a very expensive set of binoculars or an expensive range finder. And, you're back to square one…..needing to spend money again! memtb
The top brands have really good warranties. I wouldn't base my decision on the chance that something might break. Not sure about the laser ranging features, but the binoculars would last a lifetime if properly cared for.