Quiet possibly the best factory guns you can buy

Well guys, that was one very well put together marketing video.... Have you ever seen Browning's? Or any of the other's?

I would say what matter's is where the bullets go.

Some very interesting concepts, but I'm not sure I really like the floating bolt head or the bedding rails. I think I prefer a lapped and trued bolt.

On the action rail bedding, it seems to me that when you troque your action screws it will want to pull the action down between the rails, pushing them outward. With a heavy recoiler like a RUM, it seems the action might work its way between the rails which would loosen the action screws eventually. Maybe not, but it looks possible from where I'm sitting.

Not slamming savages, a lot of guys seem to be very happy with them, but will they consistantly out shoot say a Sendero or Sub MOA Vanguard?

Dont mean to rain on your little party.... carry on, what :)

I think from where your setting you can not see the truth about Savages.
you want to see it like it really is then by all means go buy one.

Last edited:
Looks like the folks at Savage have had their thinking cap on, although not sure about the floating bolthead. Nice video, thanks for posting.

They have centainly made huge efforts in bringing the American shooter's rifles that will hang with the best of 'em.
We complained about their triggers and they gave us the AccuTrigger. We complained about their flimsy stocks and they now give us the AccuStock.
They could have out-sourced these items and put Jewells on their actions and stuck them all in HS Precision stocks, these cost get turned around to the buyers. I know a couple of their current models have HS Precision stocks and their MSRP reflect it. They are good stocks but I think the AccuStock will give it a run for the money, especially in the accuracy department.
I say this because as good and as accurate as the HS P's are they still benefit from a skim bedding job, according to a few riflesmiths. The AccuStock holds and prevents the action from moving in three directions. The HS P just holds the action down to the bedding block.
I have owned three Sendero's and one VS and they all shot great. I have owned three Savages and they all shot great. If I have to fork out a $1000 for another rifle it will be a Savage LRPV. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts