QuickLoad -HAMMER BULLETS?

rking453

I've heard that Hammer Bullets would be added to QuickLoad, can anyone confirm this? I am thinking about purchasing the program to help me develop loads for a new .250 Savage Ackley Improved.

You need an update. But they do not profile well in Quickload. Some of the measurements are slightly off. More importantly the .WF and .SP's are off. You can get a rough powder selection but start low and work up. Don't be surprised if you have to adjust your BA over 1K. Again does not profile well.

There is some data available below for the 75HH. Loading the 250AI is pretty simple starting with 250 Savage max loads. Key to hammer bullets is faster burn rate powders. If you run out of case capacity before you reach pressure, you need to go faster.

They are in the latest update. Like Mike said you can enter them yourself but you will need the proper start pressure for hammers

They are in the latest update. Like Mike said you can enter them yourself but you will need the proper start pressure for hammers
What might that be? I have been using 6525, the start pressure for copper bullets. Is that not right?

Actually, you need to enter start pressure even for those already in the database.

What might that be? I have been using 6525, the start pressure for copper bullets. Is that not right?

Actually, you need to enter start pressure even for those already in the database.
The starting pressure I've been using on GRT is 1500 PSI as I saw over on the Hammer forum.

Don't know how helpful that is.

I am using QuickLOAD.

1500 is closer to what is recommended for solid soft brass.

Big difference. Using 6525 gets me close to predicted velocities.
If you want to read it

Interesting. I am not a doubter but will have to work with the new start pressure for a while to see what it does.

Thank you for sharing that. I remember reading it but did not focus on the start pressure implications for QL.

Recent Posts