Question about relative size of image in eye

Rugerjim

Hey guys,
Might seem like a silly question but could someone enlighten me.
I have 2 cheaper scopes here, on a Vortex Copperhead which is a great general hunting scope and a chinese... thingy.
However, when you look through both, the relative size of the image in your eye on the copperhead is literally double that of the chinese scope. Both are very clear, but the vortex picture is massive, bright and nice to look through compared to the "Other" chinese one.

Is this eye relief, is this field of view??? How to I know how "Big" this image will be looking at specs... Because I want to buy a Ziess, but I really want a big *** image, and don't wanna be mucking around sending stuff back etc.
Thanks team.
Jim

I've noticed that same in binos...10x Leica vs 10-17 Leupold....everyone wants to say leicas are clearer...maybe..
But at 10x leicas picture was larger than the leups.....so which bino is not actually set at 10x......
Know idea....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.