Question about Nightforce

tcob68

My question is about the velocity reticle offered by Nightforce. I've searched the forums and found peoples opinions but not really anything about hands on experience. I'm just getting into this long range game and have been reading and studying everything I can find. It will be going on a recently purchased Cooper MVT in 6.5/284 and will mainly be used for long range coyotes and deer. My hunting will be in the same area 99% of time so atmospheric conditions and elevation should remain close. I like the looks of velocity reticles and have always read good things about Nightforce optics. Are these reticles dependable with practice and if a person doesn't like it is it possible to dial for elevation and windage. I'm probably going to have several questions but I think is a good starting point. I know this is the best internet site to get reliable information, There are alot of knowledgeable shooters hanging out here. Thanks for any hands-on info.
By the way, I really enjoy this site since i have found it but it is sure is costing me ALOT of money, LOL.

The velocity reticle is a great reticle for hunting. Just make sure you use the Nightforce ballistic calculator to figure out what specific reticle you will need for your rifle.

The scope still has the same turrets that any other MOA reticle scope would have, so the ability to dial in windage and elevation is still possible. I recommend getting a model with zero stop. All of mine now have them and I find it to be an invaluable tool in the field. I always know my scope is set to zero just by feel.

SportOptics is usually my go to company for NightForce. The have grate pricing and the staff is very knowledgeable, and they always have things in stock.

Thanks marinetowgunner, I appreciate the information, I'll check their prices out. There are a couple of nightorce dealers close to where I live that I try to do most of my business at but I will compare prices first.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.