Pulling Bullets and Reloading Cases

Is this hunting ammo for 100 yards or long range? If only short range, probably doesn't matter.

You could just pull and reload, then you would have 20 foulers.

I would pull the depriming pin, lube and size just like before you loaded them.

Is this hunting ammo for 100 yards or long range? If only short range, probably doesn't matter.

You could just pull and reload, then you would have 20 foulers.

I would pull the depriming pin, lube and size just like before you loaded them.
Why would you FL size factory ammo that has not been shot or cases fired from the same gun that have already been FL sized. I could buy anal types neck sizing but it makes zero sense to fl size brass that is already well under most chambers in size.

Last edited:
I must have missed the part he said they were factory/unfired...oh wait, he didn't.

IF they are factory, what is sizing going to do other than size the necks? Shoulders won't move. He said he had standard Horndy dies. Not neck dies.

When I have pulled my loaded ammo, I needed to size for proper neck tension.

Oh man!!! Now we have something to overthink again!!!

Maybe the missing piece of most shooters' accuracy puzzle is that the best results are actually obtained with cases that have been "properly" tensioned…by having had a bullet seated for the exact right amount of time before having had the bullet pulled then reseated again.

Whether you're in the North or south hemisphere wiLl affect this (the swirling is either clockwise or counter…you know…)

I must have missed the part he said they were factory/unfired...oh wait, he didn't.

IF they are factory, what is sizing going to do other than size the necks? Shoulders won't move. He said he had standard Horndy dies. Not neck dies.

When I have pulled my loaded ammo, I needed to size for proper neck tension.
You are right, he didn't say factory ammo, he said he wanted to pull .5 grains out and put the bullets back. Still, on the assumption he FL sized them the first time, what does he gain doing it again?, except he has to clean all the lube off one more time.

Oh man!!! Now we have something to overthink again!!!

Maybe the missing piece of most shooters' accuracy puzzle is that the best results are actually obtained with cases that have been "properly" tensioned…by having had a bullet seated for the exact right amount of time before having had the bullet pulled then reseated again.

Whether you're in the North or south hemisphere wiLl affect this (the swirling is either clockwise or counter…you know…)
Missed Metric versus Imperial.😂

Done it far too many times to SAVE components, decide different direction or fell out of bed. Neck size same as you do normally, load and shoot.

So guys keep saying FL size and then reload them. Not a single person that has recommended this has provided their rational for doing this. Exactly what does a second fl sizing of an unfired case accomplish. I could buy the arguement to neck size to ensure exact same neck tension, but realistically, pulling bullets and putting them back in place should result in all having exactly the same neck tension anyhow. Might be slightly less than the first neck tension, but they should all still be exactly the same.

So guys keep saying FL size and then reload them. Not a single person that has recommended this has provided their rational for doing this. Exactly what does a second fl sizing of an unfired case accomplish. I could buy the arguement to neck size to ensure exact same neck tension, but realistically, pulling bullets and putting them back in place should result in all having exactly the same neck tension anyhow. Might be slightly less than the first neck tension, but they should all still be exactly the same.
I never said to resize anything. Just re seat the bullet and slightly crimp with LFC die. One eight to one quarter turn. All the same.

I never said to resize anything. Just re seat the bullet and slightly crimp with LFC die. One eight to one quarter turn. All the same.
I agree. There are a few of us that said just pull and re-seat. If my comment doesn't apply to a person's previous posts, I don't think there is a need to point that out. I was only asking for clarification from those that are advocating FL resize before re-seating.

Likely FL resizing won't have any effect but it's a necessary step in accurate reloading so I would and will do it in this and any other circumstance.

Likely FL resizing won't have any effect but it's a necessary step in accurate reloading so I would and will do it in this and any other circumstance.
The argument to FL once I get. FL size the same case a second time makes zero sense.