Pulling bullets?

greenecj

I'm gonna do a ladder test on my 300 prc. So I'm gonna pull the bullets in last years load. My question is can I re-use the bullets and powder? I'm fairly new to the precision reloading game

Thank in advance

Yes yes and yes. Only pull with the correct collet bullet puller, dump and save the powder for reuse, I have a FL sizer with the decapping pin removed and run the case all the way through the sizer. Then when I put it all back together I use a runout gauge; out of a thousand I have done I had two where the bullet was deformed and failed my runout test. There is room in any process for a degree of failure to creep in, just be careful, aware and observant.

Yes yes and yes. Only pull with the correct collet bullet puller, dump and save the powder for reuse, I have a FL sizer with the decapping pin removed and run the case all the way through the sizer. Then when I put it all back together I use a runout gauge; out of a thousand I have done I had two where the bullet was deformed and failed my runout test. There is room in any process for a degree of failure to creep in, just be careful, aware and observant.
I do the same except I use a Forster neck sizing die and remove de capping pin.

I have pulled bullets and dumped the powder from each one in the tray ,on the scale ,then added the 2/10 of a grain I wanted ,then put the new charge of powder back in the case and then reseated the bullets ! No issue at 100 yards on paper targets ! 95 percent of the bullets pulled have no visible marks ,some have slight marks ,any that are really bad get tossed ! I use the RCBS collets set ! For decades !!!!!