Pulling bullets

TBuckus

Maybe a stupid question;

When pulling bullets, am I able to just reload the powder, and seat the new bullet without sizing again?
I have 40 reloads that I don't necessarily want to use for hunting. I was first thinking of using them for practice, which I may still do, but I also need the brass for some new reloads.

TBuckus

If you insert a bullet in brass and pull it back out 10 times in a row you will find that the outside dimensions of the case don't change which indicates that it should be OK to use the brass after pulling the bullets and I have done that without ill effect but if you are using the loads to assess accuracy (load development), I would reprocess the brass (neck down/up) so you can make more just like them if they work good. Since you won't be pulling the bullets as a normal part of your loading process you don't want to put that step in your process when developing a load.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts