Pulling Bullets and Reloading Cases

I said it.

If you pull them, neck tension has changed.
My thought is to repeat every step exactly as before. I have found inconsistencies with "just" neck sizing after pulling bullets between the pulled cases and the other ones that were FLS. Unless you use the same die you used for your initial sizing operation, your necks will be different. Different die, different fit, thats how I see it, but I shoot blind so I don't know anything about anything.

OP, hope you figure out your issue. Consistency is key in the wizardry dark art we are so fanatical about...

Last edited:
So guys keep saying FL size and then reload them. Not a single person that has recommended this has provided their rational for doing this. Exactly what does a second fl sizing of an unfired case accomplish. I could buy the arguement to neck size to ensure exact same neck tension, but realistically, pulling bullets and putting them back in place should result in all having exactly the same neck tension anyhow. Might be slightly less than the first neck tension, but they should all still be exactly the same.
I do it because I don't have neck only dies, so fl is why I do it that way! There you go in a nutshell.

I said it.

If you pull them, neck tension has changed.
My thought is to repeat every step exactly as before. I have found inconsistencies with "just" neck sizing after pulling bullets between the pulled cases and the other ones that were FLS. Unless you use the same die you used for your initial sizing operation, your necks will be different. Different die, different fit, thats how I see it, but I shoot blind so I don't know anything about anything.

OP, hope you figure out your issue. Consistency is key in the wizardry dark art we are so fanatical about...
Ed Zackery