Pulled bullets from reloaded cases? Now what?

DIDIHITIT?

Previously Chaske Johnson
I had some once fired 7 mag loaded and decided to change directions. I pulled the bullets and threw the brass in my twice fired bin. Is this right or should I resize them and throw them in the once fired batch? Will they be work hardened more so than the other once fired brass?

I had some once fired 7 mag loaded and decided to change directions. I pulled the bullets and threw the brass in my twice fired bin. Is this right or should I resize them and throw them in the once fired batch? Will they be work hardened more so than the other once fired brass?

I would rezize again, you stretched the mouth a bit with the bullet already and place it on the twice fired bin. That's what I would do

I personally do not consider them fired. I did some the other day in .270 and all I did was re-neck size them. If you plan on FLS-then I would consider them X2 fired.

To me it would depend on how you resize the necks. If you use a bushing die with no expanding plug , treat them as once fired. If you use a standard die, treat them as 2X.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.