Pressure Issues

loaded case is .292
Norma brass... neck thickness is .015
fired case is .297

You must be using a caliper for all your measuring. You can't measure brass neck thickness correctly with a caliper. The jaws are cut square and will not contact the ID of the neck correctly. Your measurement will always be thicker than what it really is. The smaller the caliber the more the measurement will be off. Your thickness measurement is off .001".

Last edited:
This is .270WSM brass necked down to 6.5. I lightly reamed the inside of the neck. It measures the same with the calipers I use, the RCBS Case Master I have, as well as a Starrett Ball Mic. Most all of my other brass is .014 with the exception of some LC brass I necked down for my .260, it is .0135.

This is .270WSM brass necked down to 6.5. I lightly reamed the inside of the neck. It measures the same with the calipers I use, the RCBS Case Master I have, as well as a Starrett Ball Mic. Most all of my other brass is .014 with the exception of some LC brass I necked down for my .260, it is .0135.

Ok, I guess I need a new calculator. I can't get .264" and .030" to add up to .292".

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts