Premium 22LR Rifles

Styer Zephyr II. For Les money and a most likely more accurate rifle: CZ. The Styer rifles are beautiful and accurate. Very beautiful rifles. Don't overlook Anshutz.
I recently shot a variey of rimfires. The best and nicest was a Cooper. Next was a Styer Zephyr but the bolt was very stiff. About tied for third was a CZ 457 MTR, my worked on CZ 452 and another CZ Varmint. I don't remember what else. All were much better than my target barreled Ruger.

I have posted this ammo test for a CZ before. Circles are 1" in diameter, target shot at 50 yards. This was before the rifle was bedded and the trigger tuned up. Basically right out of the box. They are a good shooting gun, especially considering none of this ammo cost more than 4 bucks for 50, but my Anschutzs still out shoot them.

1702055991340.jpeg

My friend who built the Olympic rifles worked with Anshutz for a while, and took them to another level. Those with ears, let them hear!
This same guy invented the Browning BOSS system and was part of a team that developed the Olympic ammo, gave the patent rights to The Olympic Committee, who sold some of the secrets to Federal, who in turn produced the Federal Gold Metal Match ammo, a diluted version of the Olympic ammo.

Remember the keys to the kingdom lie in throat dia and engraving the bullet as you close the bolt, this will keep the rifle shooting extremely well for a long time. Glass particles in the priming compound erode throats on Rim Fire.

22 Magnums designed with tight throats, minimal freebore, and shooting jacketed bullets are simply mind-blowing.

Olympic rifles are cleaned every 250 rounds, max.

My friend who built the Olympic rifles worked with Anshutz for a while, and took them to another level. Those with ears, let them hear!
This same guy invented the Browning BOSS system and was part of a team that developed the Olympic ammo, gave the patent rights to The Olympic Committee, who sold some of the secrets to Federal, who in turn produced the Federal Gold Metal Match ammo, a diluted version of the Olympic ammo.

Remember the keys to the kingdom lie in throat dia and engraving the bullet as you close the bolt, this will keep the rifle shooting extremely well for a long time. Glass particles in the priming compound erode throats on Rim Fire.

22 Magnums designed with tight throats, minimal freebore, and shooting jacketed bullets are simply mind-blowing.

Olympic rifles are cleaned every 250 rounds, max.
I'm hearing I'm hearing

I love my Steyr but this is with my Savage Mark II TR. I use it as my primary truck gun gopher/prairie dig killer here in Montana. 100 yard group with Winchester 45 grain super suppressed (my favorite subsonic) and a 7 mile an hour right to left wind. This gun shoots lights out with Lapua center X. I just like the subs for using my can and keeping the critters from diving into burrows. Not bad for a sub $500 dollar gun and subsonic ammo.

Attachments

• EE2CEA99-860A-492C-AC9B-0BA98532D614.jpeg
    EE2CEA99-860A-492C-AC9B-0BA98532D614.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 17
Unfortunately not. I think I have a 17WSM action in left hand... but not a 22lr.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

If you ever get them in in LH 22 you will have to post that.

So far my only option in LH repeater is Vudoo as Anschutz doesn't ,make the model 54 in LH repeater. The 1727 Striaght pull I have is however an option and a great shooting rife. Problem is they are 4 grand stocked in walnut, and even a barrelled action is 3, if you want to use a different tactical type stock. None of the great shooting rifles are cheap, especially for lefties.

Unfortunately not. I think I have a 17WSM action in left hand... but not a 22lr.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Sure would like to have the extra funds for such a good caliber in rimfire. Although a right hand action in a left hand stock would be my preference. I am a real screwball when it comes to shooting preferences. I believe I was wired wrong from everyone else. lol