22lr fun

Browninglover1

I've had my RimX for a few years but for a new barrel for it last summer. It's finally getting broke in with around 500 rounds on it. It shot some fantastic groups earlier this week and I took it out again today. 50 yard groups were good and I convinced the RO to let me shoot it at the 100 yard line too (our range doesn't want 22lr skipping before the backstop so they generally don't allow 22lr on the 100/200 yard range)

I dialed up 6.75 MOA and gave it just a bit of wind for the slight breeze and the first shot landed just right of center. Next shot went just left of center before the final 3 pushed right again for a group just under an inch. I fired 3 more 5 shot groups and then finished with a 10 shot group. An average group size of under 1" at 100 yards with SK Match had me happy as can be. Watching thru the scope as those bullets come down into the target at 100 yards is kid level fun.

You don't have to spend this much money to get a killer rimfire setup. CZ, Tikka, and Bergara make great rifle that let you get excellent trigger time in for a fraction the cost of centerfire.

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

I ended up with a ruger precision with us optics2-10x 44 ffp not knowing much about us optics which I've got mixed opinions about, and love it I did replace the trigger though, I monkey around with rimfire prs and it work great. Recently I picked up a rock island tm22 and it's a riot fun for 300$ and accurate as all get out got a cheep scope on it but will probably throw a Athlon on it one day

I have been on the fence for a little while on putting together an accurate bolt action .22. It looks like you may have pushed me! That is a great looking setup and a shooter to boot.

See if you have NRL22 or NRL22X competition near you. I shoot it with a Tikka T1X.

At our club we shoot NRL22 on our 100 yard range.

If your club is worried about ricochets going over the berm they do not have a properly designed range.

See if you have NRL22 or NRL22X competition near you. I shoot it with a Tikka T1X.

At our club we shoot NRL22 on our 100 yard range.

If your club is worried about ricochets going over the berm they do not have a properly designed range.

It's not designed to be a 22 range, they want 22s stuck on the 50 yard range. They'll easily make the 200 yard berm if you dial up the correction for 100, but most people don't know what that is. The rules on the range exist for the lowest common denominator 😂

I do have some good 22 clubs close by. I need to make it out to one of their shoots.