22LR ballistics

Brightwhite

Where do you guys prefer to get your ballistic data on 22LR. I use the BallisticsARC app and there is a lot of preloaded 22LR loaded, but I am trying Lapua center-X and two different SK's...standard and match. Neither of those are in the app, so I need to do some digging.

I've got my vudoo v22 all setup, just need to get some data and get out and shoot this weekend!

If you're using ballisticsarc, couldn't you just pick something close and use the elevation correction feature to get a useable velocity to enter? I know that's not exactly the same as using your bullets BC but shouldn't it put you pretty close?

If you're using ballisticsarc, couldn't you just pick something close and use the elevation correction feature to get a useable velocity to enter? I know that's not exactly the same as using your bullets BC but shouldn't it put you pretty close?

I finally got to get out and shoot my 22 yesterday. I hooked up my MagnetoSpeed to get some velocity readings while zeroing my rifle at 50 yards and the MagnetoSpeed would not register with the 22LR. Doing a little research this seems to be an issue with that chronograph, so I need to figure out how to get my speeds. I can't do anything until I get that figure out.

CenterX clearly shot the best out of my rifle, and I know the BC's of the bullet now with a G1 of 0.172...so once I get the speed I should be on my way.

Does anyone have any speed value data on Lapua CenterX they can share for me to start with?

Standard velocity should be approximately 1050. If you enter that and then use the elevation correction in ballisticsarc it should give pretty close to your actual speed.

Great, thanks...I just put in the speed value in and I think I am a little off. I was coming up exactly 6MOA to 100 yards, the app is telling me 7MOA. I will make some adjustments and then stretch it out to 200 to verify everything.

Shooting this little thing 200+ yards is going to be a blast!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.