Premium 22LR Rifles

With Lapua 22 I shoot 1/2"-1" with mine at 50 yards. As far as I'm aware that's pretty good.

Keep in mind I'm all for new stuff. I'm a young dude who builds rifles. I just have a good model 39.
That is good for a 39. If one of my bolt guns shot like that I would be looking for different ammo, bedding it or checking the barrel. .1 to .2 is what I expect at 50 yards from a good quality bolt gun with the right ammo.

Last edited:
With Lapua 22 I shoot 1/2"-1" with mine at 50 yards. As far as I'm aware that's pretty good.

Keep in mind I'm all for new stuff. I'm a young dude who builds rifles. I just have a good model 39.
I shoot matches. That's not pretty good. have 2 CZ's, a Remington, and two Rugers that outshoot that by a good margin.

Attachments

• PXL_20220831_235528319.jpg
    PXL_20220831_235528319.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 25
A 512 or 513 is not as accurate as the base level guns I see every month at our NRL22 matches.

I own a 512. I love shooting it. It is not as accurate as my Tikka T1X I use for NRL22.
My old 512 with Weaver 2x7 & I can still shoot shingle nail heads @ 75 yards. This old rifle has over 100,000 rounds, I quit counting after that. I've never shot anything premium in it. The best was/is federal blue box 40 gr 😂 I grew up with it, carried it year around. If it was 100 yards or less it was in dire trouble 😃 I've hit black birds 🐦‍⬛ at 140 yards with it !
Does yours have a feeding problem at times?
I bought another 512 a few years back & it has the same feeding issues from the tube at the flipper lever

I shoot matches. That's not pretty good. have 2 CZ's, a Remington, and two Rugers that outshoot that by a good margin.
For a gun built in 1974 that hasn't been cleaned since 2005? Yeah, it's pretty good. And my grandad got it for my dad for 1/8 of a competition gun.

Last edited:
My old 512 with Weaver 2x7 & I can still shoot shingle nail heads @ 75 yards. This old rifle has over 100,000 rounds, I quit counting after that. I've never shot anything premium in it. The best was/is federal blue box 40 gr 😂 I grew up with it, carried it year around. If it was 100 yards or less it was in dire trouble 😃 I've hit black birds 🐦‍⬛ at 140 yards with it !
Does yours have a feeding problem at times?
I bought another 512 a few years back & it has the same feeding issues from the tube at the flipper lever
I have never had a feeding issue. I just wish mine had a grooved reciever.