Premium 22LR Rifles

Another vote for the CZ 455. I love mine. I bought it with the 17HMR barrel and then picked up a 22lr threaded barrel from CTD. I put a "Yo Dave" trigger spring in it too. I know the OP says the Cooper Jackson Squirrel rifle is too expensive and I would agree. I had one and it was beautiful and accurate. There was a flaw, however and it ended up being a deal killer. Even when I tried match grade ammo, the bullet would engrave into the lands upon chambering and live rounds would not extract. I did some research on it. This may be anecdotal but what I found out was that the rifle had a "crowded" throat (effectively jammed). Built that way purposely to be more accurate. I talked to a gun smith about it and he said he could go in there and push the lands forward a bit to resolve the problem but could not gaurentee the accuracy. I got sick of having to push the live round out of the rifle with a small wooden dowel every time I would hunt with it. Plus it was a safety issue. I sold it, bought the CZ, a nice optic and the extra barrel. Never looked back.
Sorry this is a bit off topic but how do you like the 17 HMR? I've been thinking about buying one for my 455 but not sure how often I would use it compared to the 22.

Sorry this is a bit off topic but how do you like the 17 HMR? I've been thinking about buying one for my 455 but not sure how often I would use it compared to the 22.
I would absolutely buy the 17HMR barrel just for the ability to take out stuff like coons and groundhogs at further distances. Others may beg to differ, and I don't want to underestimate the lethality of the 22lr but if groundhogs and other critters are out past 50 yards, the 22lr might not be as reliable a killer. Maybe you can do it with a CCI stinger or CCI velociiter but I've dispatched coons effectively with the 17HMR out to 200 yards. It's worth gettin the extra barrel. Plus, they are a snap to swap out. Pull it out of the stock, replace 2 set screws and you are good to go! (After sighting in, of course).

My old Belgium Browning T-bolt has made quite a few buddies with target 22 rifles
awful mad many times.
Couldn't believe it when I went into my favorite Pawn shop 35yrs ago, and this
mint t-bolt was on the rack, when I saw it was "Made in Belgium" it went to the counter......... Quick, Fast, and in a Hurry.
Was very accurate as it was, I kinda bedded it and wow.......Big one hole groups
@ 50yds

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a really nice 22LR rifle in the future. My budget is preferably $1500 and under. Since building custom rifles for myself, I've had the urge to buy a high quality 22LR. My Uncle has a Kimber 82 with a fluted barrel and beautiful walnut stock and that rifle is what got me wanting a nice rimfire for myself. Having said that, it doesn't seem that Kimber makes their rimfire rifles anymore and the same with Ruger's 77/22, that I also like. I don't know much about rimfires and if the Kimbers and 77/22 Rugers were accurate and reliable. For those with experience owning, shooting, and handling the Kimber 82s and Ruger 77/22s give me your thoughts and opinions on those rifles please. Also, what other premium rimfires would you recommend in my price range? I see that Cooper makes a beautiful 22LR, but the price tag is a little more than I'd like to spend on a rimfire, but other than Cooper, I don't see many classic, higher end rimfires currently available. Thank you!
CZ 457 is hard to beat, and has beautiful wood.

Sounds like you are not really interested in a heavy barreled gun but a pretty wood stock that you can do everything with. In your price range, I would look for a lightly used Anschutz OR the CZ 457 Royal. The Maple stocked Brownings are pretty too.
If you don't mind or if you want a heavier gun to shoot from the bench, #1 choice would be the CZ 457 MTR.

OH !!! DONT SCRIMP ON OPTICS

I love my Tikka T1X with the Vortex Venom 5-25x56 FFP with the 34mm tube. I shoot NRL22 with it. The gun can shoot better than I can play the NRL22 game.
tikka.jpg