Powder issues

I've been shooting 300Wm for years using 7828 regular and sc out of a 700 Sendero w/26" barrel and a muzzle brake. I've never found it to be temperature sensitive. I'm in S.C. our beginning season temp can be in upper 90s to low 100s and our end of season tends can be below freezing and some lower. I know that's not as extreme as some but I can't tell any poi change from our extremes.

I have not used IMR7828 much even though I have 2 pounds.I have had times where I know for sure IMR4350 powder is very much temp sensitive and was told all IMR powders are made the same way and all are temp sensitive.
While I hunt in cool weather I shoot all year and have had times where I knew I needed to stop shooting as I was ruining brass by keeping on.
That was my younger days.Now I try to shoot in mornings and evenings in summer and skip the mid day shooting altogether.
Glad your having success with IMR7828.What velocities and what bullet weight?

I loaded up some 300 WM few days ago with 78.0 thru 80.0 grs. H1000 . Up to 80 grs. no pressure signs at all. It was about 75 degrees. Used ADG brass, Fed 215M , 180 Hammers. Nosler Book if I recall showed 81.0 grs. Max. I know that's not with Hammer's. I didn't Chronograph. I will next time with 80.0 to 81.0 grs.. Maybe load some up to 82.0 grs. It's a Weatherby Vanguard/Howa. I'm trying to replaced my RL26 load. Same everything else.

What velocities were you getting?

181 Hammers w/ RL 23 in one I could load long got me 3198 FPS with 76gr.

Rooster. If you are interested in H4350, if available RL 16 is stable and in the same burn rate. I used it with the 178gr Absolutes (so way different) but got to 3347 FPS with it.

It's been a while since I was able to shoot. Without my notes I THINK it was predominately 168 Ballistic Silvertips 3k+? and 165 Noslers, 150 ballistic tips at about 3200(?). I tested some other weight and brand bullets but didn't use them enough to even hazard a guess. The 168 BST is rough on hogs up to 400 lbs provided that you don't shoot them in the shoulder from a front quartering angle. Their shoulder shields will usually make it come back out without much damage. Front quartering I go for the neck chest line and if I do my part they are drt. Never had any exit from there. Heart and lungs are gone, just a mess is left.

Rooster. If you are interested in H4350, if available RL 16 is stable and in the same burn rate. I used it with the 178gr Absolutes (so way different) but got to 3347 FPS with it.
Shane Lindsey I need to stay in the 2960 fps range as I bought a custom turret a several years back and had super results with it so far.180 gr bullet at 2960 ranged a nice muley at 601 yards,I set my custom turret to 600 yards and took that buck,the same with a buck at 610 yards so I need to stay in the same velocity if at all possible.
The loads I tried today were at a bit over 3050 fps with H1000 but hit the center of the target both shots but the elevation was a bit over 4500 ft above sea level.I hunt over that so I will need to reduce my loads a bit to match my turret needs.

Need ideas from you folks.I am working on reloading for my 300 win mag rifle again.I have an established loads of 69.4 grs of IMR 4350 powder that shoots lights out in cool weather but recently I shot it at about 70 degrees when I got to the range and by the time I set up I guess the temps came up higher than 70 degrees because when I shot the rifle recoil was very sharp!Accuracy was great as it was in the center so I shot again and same thing,I checked my notes and yep the same loads I have been using since 1988 so a third shot was enough to quit.All 3 shots made a single hole.
Question:Is there a temp Insensitive Powder that can shoot a 180 gr bullet 2960 fps so I can keep my custom turret?I was using Hammer bullets that day but if I have them I normally use Accubond bullets.Nosler has 70.0 gr IMR4350 as max so I was under max but that didn't stop the hard recoil and slight ejector marks on the Lapua brass.
You saying.....this is the first time....since 1988...you shot in 70 deg. weather? Might be something else than powder going on Rooster...Seated to deep on this load?

No not first time skipglo but first time I shot hammer hunter.I have shot every summer since 1988 as I have 3 different 300 win mags and shot everyone with IMR5350 with no problems.I think the Hammers were too long and created too much pressure as today I loaded 2 to same CBTO as my old loads and they shot fine.I thought that since I have a long throat I could load them out a little longer.I mentioned the distance in one of my posts but don't remember off the top of my head.I am impressed with H1000 powder and have more on the way.
Muddyboots reminded me of the Hammers being much longer and could account for the higher pressures.

Try using a standard primer and see what happens
From somewhat around 57 or more years of reloading I have found that there is pretty much no difference between standard and magnum primers, unless you are trying to ignite a magnum cartridge with a standard primer. Magnum primers shoot a bit hotter flame which will ignite large charges of powder more efficiently. I use magnum primers in all of my reloads. I find the ignition more consistent with them as opposed to regular or bench rest primers. For those of you who Gasp, I develop all my loads with magnum primers so you can let out that held breath. I have never found any pressure differences between regular or magnum primers. The only difference I have noted is a better powder ignition with magnum primers than regular. I however would not recommend trying to ignite a magnum powder charge with a regular primer. Incomplete ignition would send a lot of unburnt powder out the end of the barrel.

If you want to know how well your pet powder charge is doing, shoot it at dusk with someone watching the shot from the side and looking at the flame coming out of the barrel. The flame is powder that did not burn in the confines of the barrel which essentially makes it useless for propelling the bullet at a faster velocity. Ideally all powder should be ignited and burned in the barrel causing the max possible bullet acceleration. Anything ignited beyond the end of the barrel is wasted energy since it is being burned outside of the confines of the barrel into the atmosphere and no longer doing anything to push the bullet faster.

You saying.....this is the first time....since 1988...you shot in 70 deg. weather? Might be something else than powder going on Rooster...Seated to deep on this load?
skipglo I might add that I have shot 6.5 Grendel and 223 Hammers but not 180 gr 300 win mag.
I loaded them a bit long as my throat is quite long but that is all I changed and re-shot with exact CBTO as my old loads and all went well.
Leson learned!
Thanks to Muddyboots and all who has helped!I have been reloading since 1967 and still made a mistake!

Need ideas from you folks.I am working on reloading for my 300 win mag rifle again.I have an established loads of 69.4 grs of IMR 4350 powder that shoots lights out in cool weather but recently I shot it at about 70 degrees when I got to the range and by the time I set up I guess the temps came up higher than 70 degrees because when I shot the rifle recoil was very sharp!Accuracy was great as it was in the center so I shot again and same thing,I checked my notes and yep the same loads I have been using since 1988 so a third shot was enough to quit.All 3 shots made a single hole.
Question:Is there a temp Insensitive Powder that can shoot a 180 gr bullet 2960 fps so I can keep my custom turret?I was using Hammer bullets that day but if I have them I normally use Accubond bullets.Nosler has 70.0 gr IMR4350 as max so I was under max but that didn't stop the hard recoil and slight ejector marks on the Lapua brass.
So you had a load with accubonds and switched bullets without dropping down and working up again? Not a good practice. Mono bullets behave differently than cup and core. Even within cup and core bullets bearing surface can change and will change pressure.

I didn't Chrono last Sat. I will next when I load more 80.0 grs. And up to at least 81.0 grs.

I've been shooting 300Wm for years using 7828 regular and sc out of a 700 Sendero w/26" barrel and a muzzle brake. I've never found it to be temperature sensitive. I'm in S.C. our beginning season temp can be in upper 90s to low 100s and our end of season tends can be below freezing and some lower. I know that's not as extreme as some but I can't tell any poi change from our extremes.
It would be an interesting test to gather some velocity data at the higher and lower temps then compare the data. If the ES isn't really wild at normal hunting ranges ie. 0-300yards you would likely not notice and impact effects. I think most people that run into temp sensitivity issues are those that are using powder loads that are near or over pressure developed in cooler temps, then in higher temps they have pressure issues. Years ago my father, uncle and I ran into this with RL22 in a our 7mm STWs. We were running our velocities very high. Loads that were developed in winter would over pressure in heat of the Arizona summers. We never really studied the long-range impact issues. We would put our reloads in a little ice chest at the range to beat this issue in the heat of the AZ summers, crazy days.