Powder issues

Old Rooster

Need ideas from you folks.I am working on reloading for my 300 win mag rifle again.I have an established loads of 69.4 grs of IMR 4350 powder that shoots lights out in cool weather but recently I shot it at about 70 degrees when I got to the range and by the time I set up I guess the temps came up higher than 70 degrees because when I shot the rifle recoil was very sharp!Accuracy was great as it was in the center so I shot again and same thing,I checked my notes and yep the same loads I have been using since 1988 so a third shot was enough to quit.All 3 shots made a single hole.
Question:Is there a temp Insensitive Powder that can shoot a 180 gr bullet 2960 fps so I can keep my custom turret?I was using Hammer bullets that day but if I have them I normally use Accubond bullets.Nosler has 70.0 gr IMR4350 as max so I was under max but that didn't stop the hard recoil and slight ejector marks on the Lapua brass.

Need ideas from you folks.I am working on reloading for my 300 win mag rifle again.I have an established loads of 69.4 grs of IMR 4350 powder that shoots lights out in cool weather but recently I shot it at about 70 degrees when I got to the range and by the time I set up I guess the temps came up higher than 70 degrees because when I shot the rifle recoil was very sharp!Accuracy was great as it was in the center so I shot again and same thing,I checked my notes and yep the same loads I have been using since 1988 so a third shot was enough to quit.All 3 shots made a single hole.
Question:Is there a temp Insensitive Powder that can shoot a 180 gr bullet 2960 fps so I can keep my custom turret?I was using Hammer bullets that day but if I have them I normally use Accubond bullets.Nosler has 70.0 gr IMR4350 as max so I was under max but that didn't stop the hard recoil and slight ejector marks on the Lapua brass.
Try using a standard primer and see what happens

N160 and 165 could be a good choice also, but haven't used any yet. QL shows promise? Takes more powder in those 2 for velocity and mostly will be compressed?

I use 71.0-72.0grs of IMR or Accurate 4350,Win case,WLRM primer with 180 and 74.0grs with 165gr bullets out of several 300 Win Mags.That is a book max in several manuals I have.Lately I've been loading 73.5grs of Hunter powder.Hunter is just a tad slower on the burn rate scale and seems to be maybe a little better powder in the 300 Win Mag a
than the 4350's.As for temp. issue,The only time I ever noticed a big change in velocity and pressure with IMR-4350 was when I was shooting at around 100 degrees.Could have been my chronograph,but I was seeing about a 100fps increase in velocity.At 70 degrees,you shouldn't have any issues.Heck here in South Texas,that's a typical temperature even in the winter.

Old rooster,you mentioned ejector marks on the Lapua brass.I ran into that issue with Norma brass in my 308 Norma Magnum.I made some brass out of Remington 7mag and Winchester 338 Win Mag brass before I got my Norma brass.I was working on my loads with the brass I made,but when I shot those loads in the Norma brass,I was getting loose primer pockets after the first firing.I had to drop my loads down about 1.5-2.0grs because the brass was just too soft at the case head.I never had a single issue with loose primer pockets with the Winchester or Remington brass.