Stabil Powder issue?

Repeat the experiment. Load a batch exactly like before. Randomly select half to fire immediately and store the other half for 3 weeks before firing.

Empty the powder from one of the duds on a board or metal. The use a BBQ lighter and ignite the powder. If it burns uniformly the powder is good.

I've had RL26 stick together in compressed loads. I run mag primers with it. Ive never had an issue with it not igniting.

You say duds. I'm assuming since you didn't mention a stuck bullet, you got a click instead of a pop or boom when you pulled the trigger?That means your primer isn't going off, can't blame the powder for that. Sounds like you have a rifle or primer issue.

Tried primed case no powder. Primers went bang.
tried different powder, they went bang.
new clean brass.
The primed case you tried, was it one that you had pulled the bullet from when you found the powder clumped in the case, or was it a case that you put a primer in after the range session? You should try to fire the primer on a primed case of the previously loaded rounds with the clumped powder. If the primer doesn't pop, then the primer is bad. BUT that means it could have been ruined by damp powder, or it could be that the primer was contaminated before loading.

Will do postmortem on dud case. All the cases where new Nosler brass , no clean or sizing agents used. All primers where CCI large rifle.
Ione point is the HH 130's. The load was not a compressed load but the hammers are long.
I used all the exact same components and changed powder to Ramshot BG and had no duds.
i went back in my log and didn't see problems with Stabil last year.
So here are my collective thoughts. Stabil 6.5 might not like the shelf in loaded or unloaded state.
I can't reproduce the original experimen because it isnt safe .
Therefore I have to make a decision on incomplete data and error on side of safety. It break the bank To waste a half jar of powder.
thanks for all the great critical thoughts.
PS I have some 300 WM new Nosler brass, and several powders un opened for that round for anyone in Lowcountry do South Carolina, very fair( below market) pricing or trade for powder 7-08 appropriate.

Had no stuck bullets. Maybe primers, however I shot some primed brass and they went pop.
further I use same primer in my 280ai which I shoot a lot with no failures.
I am now thinking the Kimber 7-08 is giving an uneven primer strike, however no clickers with factory loads or different powders.
making a decision on "low No" is fraught with danger, safety first .

I've been using stable power for a year now and love it. I had this same problem with rounds not going off (2 out of 50) with cci 200 primers using H 4350 powder. I switched to fed 210s and haven't had any problems since. I asked the same question here and got the same answers your getting. I think 338 dude may have the correct answer because why would I been able to get 48 to go boom and 2 go click. I didn't have a good bullet puller at the time to check the primer but it did get a really good dent in the primer because I cambered it again and fired it again and it never went off. I still have them on my bench and I need to pull them and I'll get back you on it.

When you took the rounds apart, it sounds as though the primers did not ignite, otherwise you couldn't have dumped the powder and been able to try them again and have them ignite. That clearly makes it a firing pin/spring issue, a primer issue or a shoulder bump/headspace issue. The powder is not at problem here.

I load with same primer in my 280ai. I shoot it alot more than 7-08. Never had a clicker in hundreds of rounds.
i Don't think it's powder now that I have heard from everyone.
Back to range for some more work today. Problem is getting new primers! Thanks for everyones input.

Sound like a primer problem to me. I change the way I handle primers a very long time ago. I don't touch them with my hands ever. With that I haven't had a miss fire in a very long time.