Post Your Reloading Bench Pictures

Couldn't get the 2nd image to display on my original... My desk looks small in the first image... but it's really quite large. I almost put the computer desk on craigslist, just to give it away cheap as it sat in the basement for a long time... but I'm glad I didn't. It makes a great workspace and the keyboard tray is perfect for putting misc tools I use frequently. It's neat to see how others organize their bench. My Redding press and RCBS primer loader can be moved to other locations on the bench depending on if my brother is over helping... and it only takes about 3 minutes to move them.

Attachments

• mybench2.jpg
    mybench2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
This is a picture of my bench when I first brought it home. My Father-In-law and Brother-In-Law made it out of red oak. It's a lot messier now with more equipment that I have purchased the last 2 years. :D It's really an awesome bench and I love it.

Attachments

• Handloading Bench1.jpg
    Handloading Bench1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 107
It is 1/3 of a garage we framed in and added a picture window with sliding windows on each side. There is an outside door to left and and also a door that accesses the garage and house.

Built the bench for standing. Each row of shelves gets progressively narrower as it nears the floor so legs/feet don't hit.

Note the swiveling magnification light that can overhang the lathe as well as the area near the presses.
Have old dining room cabinets on opposite wall of reloading bench. More storage cabinets built in behind cameraman. Vice in foreground is from harbor freight added the wood rubber covered jaws for holding rifles. Old stereo with XM radio, gotta have those tunes. There is also a chest of drawers on wheels that rolls around also behind the camera. Have an old desk top that can wedge on top of lathe for another work platform if needed. I know it is crowded but works great for one person.

I love Broz set up its amazing!... but the guy with bears on the wall and a lathe is a pretty legit dude too! awesome rooms guys! Makes me wanna go get mine presentable and snap a couple shots even though its nothing like a lot of these!

Thanks guys for the compliments. By the time you are in your 60s (like me) you will have that awesome loading room too.

You Gents have some amazing setups. I really enjoy seeing them and I am very envious of the freedoms you have.
Our Licensing Police would have fainting fits looking at your pics :).

Brit.

You Gents have some amazing setups. I really enjoy seeing them and I am very envious of the freedoms you have.
Our Licensing Police would have fainting fits looking at your pics :).

Brit.

What kind of restrictions are you under Brit. I think for us here in the US, the hardest part sometimes can be finding components that we need, such as bullets, powder, & cases (if you have a gun with uncommon brass). Manufactured ammo here has dramatically increased in price over the last couple of years, and is also difficult to find at times, so reloading has increased nation-wide. That has led to the shortage of components. On the bright side, we have virtually no controls on a the production of ammonia for personal use, however there are a tremendous controls on producing ammo commercially.

Here is a pic I have of it when it was still being built. I put mine in my office so I focused a little more the cosmetics. It is made of reclaimed truck decking and built like a brick $#*%house.

No idea why it is sideways....it is upright on my iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 136
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.