Post Your Reloading Bench Pictures

RickInFlorida,
How does that rail system work for you in terms of flexing when using the presses? Any chance of a close-up? thanks

Good afternoon Okanogan, with the Rock Chucker I resize LC once fired MG brass for my M1A and don't get any flexing at all other than the usual movement from a table that size but the press mounted via the T-Track (mini) is super solid and super convenient. The T-Track is 48" long and mounted onto the table with 16 pre-drilled holes and #8 screws, I use 1/4" hex bolts with 1.75" star knobs and for being as space limited as I am I absolutely love the system. I have all of my equipment mounted on 1"x10" pine board with the exception of the Rock Chucker and I doubled up the 1"x10" with glue and screws to add more heft for that press.

48" Aluminum Mini-T-Track by Peachtree Woodworking - PW1022 - Portable Work Lights - Amazon.com

Robot Check

Thanks for sharing. That is a pretty nice looking set up that I had not considered before.

May consider that in lieu of building a second bench as I'm running out of press space myself.

RickInFL, Man I'm liking that. I looked at the link for the track and the dimensions say 50 x2x2 . I can see the 50 and the 2"wide. But the depth doesn't look to be 2 inches also is it ? Just wondering how deep you had to router for the track to sit flush.

I had to build I room in my basement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 209
Bob the track dimensions for mine are 3/4" wide x 1/2" deep, I used a 3/4" x 3/4" hinged mortising router bit and went 1/2" deep and the track laid right in. I'm not so sure the links I *thought* I provided were actually the links that posted. If you do a Google search for 'T-Track for reloading bench' you'll find all kinds of neat ideas for your bench using the T-Track.

Like I said, for a space limited area, incorporating the T-Track is certainly the way to go I believe.

Good afternoon Okanogan, with the Rock Chucker I resize LC once fired MG brass for my M1A and don't get any flexing at all other than the usual movement from a table that size but the press mounted via the T-Track (mini) is super solid and super convenient. The T-Track is 48" long and mounted onto the table with 16 pre-drilled holes and #8 screws, I use 1/4" hex bolts with 1.75" star knobs and for being as space limited as I am I absolutely love the system. I have all of my equipment mounted on 1"x10" pine board with the exception of the Rock Chucker and I doubled up the 1"x10" with glue and screws to add more heft for that press.

48" Aluminum Mini-T-Track by Peachtree Woodworking - PW1022 - Portable Work Lights - Amazon.com

Robot Check

Winner, winner!! I'm going to do this but, in the opposite direction so that I can mount a vise to hold my rifle while I clean it and also check scope reticle levels.

I just packed mine up, getting ready to move. I made a simple one out of plywood, 2x2, 2x4, 2x6, and 1x4. Probably cost $25

I used 2x6 for the rear legs to flyby the working level to be shelves above. I used a router to slot holes in the 2x6 to allow the plywood shelves to slide in and be modular for powder cans, books, bullets, and little sorting bins. The working level is about 20" deep and 4' long and framed out with 2x4's and plywood. The front legs are 2x2 and everything is braced with 1x4s.

The tricks I used were to recess some nuts in the table top to allow the bolts for the press to be unscrewed and still stay attached to the table. That way they never get lost and can provide a completely flat working area as well. I also notched the bottom of the legs to rest firmly on carpet and used two 2x4x12 concrete pavers as a weight under the press as the overall bench is quite light. Easy take down and assembly too.

Nothing too special, but I've only been reloading for just under a year now.

It's secured on 3 sides, anchored to the walls.

It's a fairly tall bench made ergonomically perfect for a gentleman that stands 6'2". I like to stand when reloading.

Also I recently got longer bolts to hold the presses and attached additional 2x6's under each press that run perpendicular all the way back to the rear wall. On top of that I also braced each side of the 2x6's in with square metal tubing. (Both presses are set up the same in this regards but it's easier to see in the pic on the Lee Cast press).

They are very secure and don't move much... Well actually I know exactly how much they move. I rigged up my Sinclair concentricity gauge with the dial indicator moved 180 degrees around and positioned it on the base of the single stage press. If I cam down as hard as I could ever need to, it moves .001. Not bad and IMO worth the effort.

I have a large metal rack directly to the right that you cannot see in the picture that holds all of my Dies and the bulk reloading components that wouldn't fit on the top shelf.

I love the whiteboard I added recently too for jotting down things quick.

Plans are to add another shelf under the bench. And to add another length of bench in an L shape along the left wall so I can permanently mount my case prep center and my gun vise.

I like to say, "This is where the magic happens". :D

Reloading_Bench_Resized.jpg

Couldn't get the 2nd image to display on my original... My desk looks small in the first image... but it's really quite large. I almost put the computer desk on craigslist, just to give it away cheap as it sat in the basement for a long time... but I'm glad I didn't. ...

I'm setting up my first reloading bench this weekend and plan to use a straight 5' modular computer desk table similar to UGA's system. The top is 1" composite board of some sort that is typical of what you'd find at Office Max.

Are these tops solid enough for a single stage press (Redding Big Boss) and reloading 300 win mag cases? Mine has a beveled edge so I'm already planning on some reinforcement to build out the edge.

Anyone here using those press risers?

Since I have not reloaded rifle brass ever I don't have a good feel for how much force is required on the levers.

Thanks!

Robert

I'm setting up my first reloading bench this weekend and plan to use a straight 5' modular computer desk table similar to UGA's system. The top is 1" composite board of some sort that is typical of what you'd find at Office Max.

Are these tops solid enough for a single stage press (Redding Big Boss) and reloading 300 win mag cases? Mine has a beveled edge so I'm already planning on some reinforcement to build out the edge.

Anyone here using those press risers?

Since I have not reloaded rifle brass ever I don't have a good feel for how much force is required on the levers.

Thanks!

Robert

I started using 3/4" plywood a few years ago. I had Home Depot cut it in half, length wise. Glued the 2 pcs. together and never had any trouble with flex.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.