Reloading Bench

Elite Muzzleloader

I started reloading in early 2000 and only loaded around 40 rounds before I gave it up. Then a few years ago I got into custom muzzleloaders that are designed to shoot smokeless powder and had to start getting components to measure powder. Then I started looking into long range shooting with my muzzleloader but realized that I needed something without the Redhill to learn with. I bought a Remington 700 243 DPS Varmint and started reloading again. However my reloading bench was an old Walmart Kitchen Table and was pretty weak. Work was throwing out a conference table and I snatched it up to use for my new reloading bench.

Here's my finished product, pretty happy how it turned out, I may need to change a couple things to make it look nicer but it is very solid and works very well.

I use the kitchen pantry to hold my bullets and powder.

You must be a bachelor, Or have a very understanding wife, to allow you to store primers and powder in the kitchen pantry. One fine table with the formica top.

You must be a bachelor, Or have a very understanding wife, to allow you to store primers and powder in the kitchen pantry. One fine table with the formica top.

My father works at an assisted living home as facility maintenance and from time to time throw things like the pantry out. It had water damage on the bottom which I fixed and was going to use in my kitchen but I couldn't find anything that matched it for rest of kitchen. So it ended up in my basement. Everything I used to make my reloading bench and storage was free which is the awesome part.

My reloading area is the only area I get in the house because my wife and kids claim the rest of it. Even after finishing my bench my wife started placing her purse, shoes, and work stuff on it, which didn't make me happy.

Either way already finished up a couple ladder test for my 243 using Hybrid 100v that I bought as an impulse buy. Figured I'd try it and see before completely moving on to something different.

95 Berger VLD Target. 105 Amax
Win Primers. 38.5--41g all 5 shot
5-41.5g. All .5 increment
5-42g
5-42.5g
5-43

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts