Portable table

Since I wasn't doing full on reloading with my set up, no full length sizing, seating primers etc, I did mount it to a short length of 2X10 which I bolted to the frame that went into the hitch receiver. The RCBS mounting base has a slot on each side for mounting. I used 3/8 lag bolts fed in from the bottom and large wing nuts with washers and lock washers on the top. Easy peasy to set up and break down. Plywood would probably work ok, just don't leave a deep unsupported overhang that the press is bolted to. Maybe double up 3/4 plywood, glued and screwed together.

Lee makes a great handheld press, I believe the Lee Breech lock hand press.
They do, I use one when I need to FL size at the range, with a universal decapper before cleaning cases, for bullet pulling, lots of uses and a good tool to keep around in general.

No need to have different dies as with an arbor press
No extra dies for me - I seat bullets this way at home usually also. K+M Force Pack then got an AMP Press, the variations in seating force are very interesting to see. Redding mic seater is my preferred die in a regular press.

Interesting bench you have there. Is that something that can be purchased or did you build it?
That bench started life as a butcher block bench kit that must have been outside as it was all warped up. I ditched the butcher block and layered 2 inches of osb and wrapped it with sheet metal. My press stand anchors thru that and the metal frame. It is nice and sturdy. Also cleans up easy with the metal wrapped over it. I have been lazy and have not yet anchored it to the wall, but will get around to that as a winter project.
16597355015624973691051889095539.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever done some sort of portable table to set a press up on at a range? Not resizing brass at range, just seating bullets
I remove the ball from the tow bar to do all press operations, G clamp holds the RCBS Rockchucker well. The small table used in conjunction can then be quite lite for arbour press, components etc.

I've pointed out this press option in previous threads on this topic:
386_image.jpg

Mine came with a C-Clamp-like piece that bolts to the rear of the press. It can use either type of die, arbor press or 7/8-14 threaded body.

I guess if you have to have a portable table than you might consider a Black and Decker Work Mate. Just another idea.
I've used a WorkMate along with a Lee LoadAll at the range numerous times, like when I was trying to figure out how many reloads I could get out of various shot-shell casings.

I don't really know why you would concern on reloading shot shells. If I am lucky and happen onto left casing behind from somebody else. I quickly pick them up and sort them out after getting back. I always pick up my empties. In Az it's required to police up your casing. I think that's a good law and should be in all the states. How is that checked. By the amount of birds in your bag and how many empties you have. Dove hunting a lot shell are expended for dove. One place in Az we hunt in the people front yard. He doesn't like the bird craps, and we clean up our shells after words. "DAM THAT'S CALIFORNIA HUNTER'S" He allow others from Az to hunt there, but they are not welcome back. They were locals too. "DAM THOSE OUT OF STATE HUNTER'S" They are the one's leaving the mess.

Has anyone ever done some sort of portable table to set a press up on at a range? Not resizing brass at range, just seating bullets
Many years ago, I built a portable/mobile reloading table that I can take anywhere to include reloading at the range. My idea started with just a portable table to mount a press. Then I quickly realized that reloading is best suited at home, esp. with MT winds, other environmental factors. I live ~10 miles to my range.

Reloading table 1 of 4.jpg

Reloading table 2 of 4.jpg

1659902364779.jpeg

1659902386719.jpeg

Some guys reload in their campers or trailers.

I don't really know why you would concern on reloading shot shells. If I am lucky and happen onto left casing behind from somebody else. I quickly pick them up and sort them out after getting back. I always pick up my empties. In Az it's required to police up your casing. I think that's a good law and should be in all the states. How is that checked. By the amount of birds in your bag and how many empties you have. Dove hunting a lot shell are expended for dove. One place in Az we hunt in the people front yard. He doesn't like the bird craps, and we clean up our shells after words. "DAM THAT'S CALIFORNIA HUNTER'S" He allow others from Az to hunt there, but they are not welcome back. They were locals too. "DAM THOSE OUT OF STATE HUNTER'S" They are the one's leaving the mess.
Like I said, it was a test to see how many loads I could get out of each manufacturers shotshells.

Many years ago, I built a portable/mobile reloading table that I can take anywhere to include reloading at the range. My idea started with just a portable table to mount a press. Then I quickly realized that reloading is best suited at home, esp. with MT winds, other environmental factors. I live ~10 miles to my range.

View attachment 385540
View attachment 385541
View attachment 385544
View attachment 385545

Some guys reload in their campers or trailers.
That's a awesome idea. I don't live anywhere close to a range unfortunately.