Portable reloading ... pictures please

flashhole

What do you take to the range when you want to work up a load? I want to make a portable reloading station I can take to the range. I have an extra Redding Ultramag press and am looking for options as to how to use it. Thanks in advance.

I slide this into the trailer hitch of the truck, bolt on the press and I'm good to go.

HPIM0946.jpg

Then I set this on the tailgate and get to reloading.

HPIM0943.jpg

I do however prep my brass at home, this set up is strictly for measuring powder and seating bullets, but it does work.

Chris

Chris, that's pretty slick. Do you have a photo of how use secure the press to the fixture you attach to the truck?

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of everything set up, but its pretty straight forward.

The two bolts you see in the pic are threaded into the top plate, I just take them out and set the Rockchucker in place and tighten the bolts back down. Once the pin is in the hitch and the chains are hooked up and tightened it is suprisingly solid.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.