Portable reloading box

droptine

I've been thinking about rigging up a portable box to keep at my other House. I have second house near Lake Sam Rayburn in East Texas where I bass fish and hunt not far from my lake house.

If nothing else would be fun to rig up a box with a press, scales etc. to load if need be before a hunt or for the heck of like most of my loading.

I bet I'm not the only one that's done that before. My guess someone has some good ideas. Was thinking getting like an action packer plastic storage box or maybe even build nice wooden box. Get like a Lyman partner press I could take out and stick in a vice or maybe a clamp on a workbench/table whatever. I've got about two of everything, maybe three. I have two beam scales, older digital scale, a lyman powder drop I probably will not use since I bought the Chargemaster Lite. I had an RCBS and Lee powder drop at one time, not sure where that went too. Might be a fun project. I'm just as ate up with reloading as the rest of you guys!!!!

May be selling my lake house as I get closer to retirement and want to rig up something portable.

Anybody rigged up anything portable to reload. I recall guys reloading at ranges in the past, but havent seen it in a while.

Thanks, Billy

Worked for me, did case prep and primed at home of course but used portable electric scale at range.
FBqyX5cm.jpg

I'm thinking of just driving my old class c motorhome to the range. I'll prep the brass at home but will charge and seat with a handheld Lee press. Measure charges on an electric scale.

Here is the ultimate portable reloading station.

1618367558095.png

Home made arbor press, Wilson inline seater, primers, Sinclair hand priming tool, calipers, and other small stuff all fit in a 50 caliber ammo can.

20161022_123041.jpg

Another 50 caliber can for brass and projectiles. Appropriate box for your powder dispenser.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts